• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Upset Facebook parent...

Mopar1973Man

• Owner

Hey Gang... You got to see how the ol' Facebook crowd is really starting to poison young minds out there... Here is a video from a upset parent and his way of dealing with this issue... Truely sad to see this going on...:duh: MoparMom says, "I'm on Dad's side!" :thumbup2:

http-~~-//youtu.be/kl1ujzRidmU

More links http://8minutesoffame.com/response-to-dr-phil/ https://www.facebook.com/tommyjordaniii

• Owner

I'm glad to see other parents put there foot down and deal with there children properly... Yeah it might of been a bit too much to shoot the laptop but I would of most likely done the same thing. I see the very same thing here in small towns of Riggins, ID and such. The kids think they get hand out and a free ride.Just 20 years ago it was common place to see the local school shutdown for hay season. All the ranches would hire all the kids to load bailed hay on trucks. For a day. Now today all you see is kids playing games on a Playstation, texting on their cellphones, and of course hanging out on Facebook... But they don't work or do anything... Very sad... :rolleyes:

I see this a few different ways.. He called his daughter a lazy ^*&*@&$)(*$@( for calling them *^*&)*(....welllll maybe that's where she gets it? Now it is one thing if they treat each other like that at home but her publicizing it was way over the top. But then again, that's what you do on facebook. It's not really over the top in today's world. Every post I see on facebook pretty well shouldn't be posted. I could care less if you ran out of hot water today or forgot to buy toast. You get the picture. Now looking at his facebook, he is just as bad. Facebook is a way to get attention, no matter how stupid the things are you think of. I saw a guy on facebook post "..." as his status once, I never saw something so pathetic in my life. Facebook is sort of a way to say things that you are thinking, and not really have any consequences. That is how kids think of it anyways. They forget that their parents can read everything and other people will tell your parents what you said and yadda yadda plus things can be taken many different ways. It was something to connect with friends in the beginning, but geeeez there are so many things that you DON'T want to know are happening with your friends. Perfect example is my uncle. He is the boss of a mining company, has a nice house in a subdivision, is a really great guy really. You talk to his daughter, she is the same way. On facebook, f*** is about all she says. Now kids talk to each other like that, it makes them feel "cool" I guess, but facebook makes it so everything you say is publicized, which wouldn't be a problem if kids didn't use it as a personal chat with someone that is openly viewable. I guess it's just drama that people want these days. That guy got a ton of views and a lot of input out of his video, which all adds up to just more drama. In person I wonder if she is really like that because he has a pic of him all cowboy'd up 2 days ago that she supposedly took and he said she was wonderful or something for taking it. That makes me think the whole thing is just a sham to get attention. Personally, I could care less what people say on facebook. I know it is really a misrepresentation of people and is just them wanting to get some drama out of life at the moment, cause why else would people be on facebook if they had something fun to do. This is part of the reason I don't ever post anything at all on there, just for sheer guilt of saying I have nothing to do by posting something. But it is absolute BS how kids post such profane stuff when they KNOW they have added their granny and aunt sally and... I have my aunt on there who let me stay with her for 2 weeks while I took an elective, she is verrry nice and a great role model and there is no way I would ever fill her facebook "wall" with profane stuff that I said. It is a sense of respect to her I suppose, along with all the other people on there who don't want to see it. There will always be choices in life, and that is why kids are all very different. Some won't post that on facebook, some will, in any case, there will always be someone doing something bad or good somewhere, it is just humanity. This guys vid just makes you realize that it still holds true today.

WHEW, ISX, that sure was a mouthful there!This is precisely the reason I do not have a facebook account. I don't want people from the past to find me and I do not want anything my potential employer to see that could in any way discredit me and get me fired from said job.If someone wants to get in touch, they can do it the old fashioned way. Send a letter through the pony express. Giddyup!

I am trying to picture my old mans reaction to something like that when the 5 of us were growing up. His first words would most definately would have been "Oh my achin back". What would have happened after that most definately have been politcally incorrect and had someone syaing " Take those children away from him" had it happened this day and time. He was a very forgiving man but that would have crossed a line of disrespect he would not have tolerated.:smart: