• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

long cranking after AIRDOG INSTALL

I agree on the no garage. I have to work on mine in the gravel driveway. The winter time is no fun if you have to crawl under there. I am not sure what else to tell you that could be wrong. I do know this if you have to get a pump it is not hard to install. You can do it in less than a day. It took me and my son about 4.5 hours from start to having the engine running again. An extra pair of hands is nice, but not absolutely neccessary. Mike has a good write up on it and so does Blue Chip. They are both there for the down load, you dont have to buy chips pump to get the instructions. I used Chips and had no problems.

• Like 1

I found this company in BAY CITY, MICHIGAN that rebuilds the VP44 and they claim that they were the 1st company in the USA to have the BOSCH 815 test bench and have been rebuilding Injection pumps for over 40 years I would like to know if they are certified by BOSCH rebuilders or they just bought the test bench I really dont know I talked to a guy over there Named Gary and it sounds like he is very knowledgable .

Here are the ones that Mike has found. Recognize any of the names?http://articles.mopar1973man.com/2nd-generation-24v-dodge-cummins/25-fuel-system/247-bosch-certified-vp44-injection-pump-rebuilders I dont know if you can just buy the machine, but who knows? If this guy is cerified Mike can add the name. What kind of price is he asking or did you go that far?

He told me that a new pump would be 995.00 ,he also said it has a new pcm,new upgraded diaphram ,there were several new things and some that were reused because there is no reason to change he went over it with me ,I will call him back and confirm all this first before buying. He didnt even try to sell one to me without doing a couple of test first .

i have saw this after a good lift pump was put on a vp truck. i talked to a fass tech years ago and he said the vp head was wore. he had me to wire the fass so it would pump with key on but not while cranking. so i ran a wire to the electric window. someguys here puts a regulator on the fuel supply. i have saw pumps run several years like this. its worth a shot to find out.

• Like 1

Diesel fuel injection rebuild center inc. http://dfisam.com/sam-p100-st.htm this is there website I still have to call them ,I am mid way through disassemble right now I have the 1-2- and 4 injection lines off and I am having trouble finding the bracket under pump locating the bolts and remove them ? everything is off thats to be off except the pump and hold down bracket.

I dont think my 02 has that braket. As I remember it just had 4 mounting bolts. thats was 1.5 years ago though and the memory isnt always that good. I take your are going to take to them and have them test it? sure appears they have the right test bench, or at least a picture of one.

just pulled the pump off ,and I called Gary at diesel fuel injection rebuild center and asked him again whats new ,he said they recieve the pump housings from Bosch that have been refurbuished by Bosch and when the get them they install : new advance piston ,new rollers , new shoes , new diaphram/dampner, and new gaskets and eigther it comes from Bosch with a new PSG or they install a new PSG for 996.00 . Hex thanks I already Veiw all the Vids on youtube and talked to all of yous on this site and was talked into doing it myself ,I will let you all know how it goes when I get the pump in.

Forgot to mention before ,I noticed a small plug connection under the pump and found out its a cam sensor ,my thing is this has been in there for 152000 miles do these ever go bad ? I am leaning towards replacing it now because of the simplicity of doing now before the pump goes in or do these things hardly go bad

I have 253k and still going strong, but you never know. I kinda wish I would have replaced mine when i did the pump, but I did not even know what it was then. I guess I wont sweat it. They seem to last a long time, but you just dont know how long.

I guess I should replace it for the simplicity to do so now ,It looks like 1 hold screw , before I take this thing out is there something I should know ,the cam does not have to be in a certian position or anything else does it just pull out or screw out anyone have any insite

looks like it has a threaded end I guess I will unscrew it and screw the new one in, last time I did preventative maintenace I ended up having to change out my VP ,just recieved my new VP today and they also sent me a new check valve I didnt expect that I see others advertise that its not included ,hope mike puts there name on this website for others .:spend:

[TABLE=class: page, width: 100%, align: center][TR][TD][TABLE=class: tborder, width: 100%, align: center][TR][TD=class: alt1, bgcolor: #F5F5FF]I would like to thank all that help me diagnose my hard starting ,I finally bought a fuel pressure gage Isspro ev2 electric and installed it.Last week I dropped the tank to see if the nuckleheads that did the install of the Airdog ll and found that they broke my sending unit and put it back in the tank ,and the holes that were supposed to be 1/2 or larger were only 1/4 inch if that so I used regular hose clamps instead of what air dog supplied fixed the broken sending unit bracket and put it back together ,I found out buy Cummins Dealer that whoever installed the Airdog did not adjust the fuel pressure to Cummins specs the had 25psi which could of damaged the VP44.I ended up getting a new VP44 from Diesel Fuel Injector Rebuild INC. in BAY CITY MICHIGAN ,THESE GUYS ARE VERY HELPFUL ,any way I installed it along with a cam sensor that was very accessible and it seems to be running like before ,THANKYOU ALL AGAIN::hyper::broke:[/TD][/TR][/TABLE][/TD][/TR][/TABLE]