• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Whats your suggestion?

Okay, so I got geared up with some extra tools to do my injectors. Got an evercraft crofoot set from napa for $11! They looks like some good tools. Then I got myself a 1/2" to 3/8"s adapter for my torque wrench. I did get an inch pound torque wrench, but it was useless to have. It went from 120in/lbs to 960in/lbs. My 1/2" goes from 10ft/lbs to 150ft/lbs.

Since the crossover tubes and lines hooking to it are 28ft/lbs, can I get away with doing 10ft/lbs on the injector clamp bolt? Or maybe just set it at 10ft/lbs and then stop a little before it clicks?

Now, I still need to get o-rings for the crossover tubes, but I was wondering what you guys suggest. I know I had another thread about the injectors, but I still have a question to ask that makes it unique than the other subject.

What injectors should I go with? More specifically like what brand. I'm seeing there are quit a few injector brands, I was thinking DAP injectors, but then what about DDP, II, etc.?

Who is the "top dawg" of injectors and still offer them at a cheaper price?

--- Update to the previous post...

Sheesh! I dunno whats going on here? I must have been confusing with my original post.

I believe I have my choice of injectors narrowed down to 3 people.

1. DAP

2. CPP

3. DB Truck Customs

I can get my hands on those RV275's, but then I could go with 75hp or 40's or 60's.

Core charges, shipping, etc. All are a factor here. Seems like DAP has the best price for any of them, but I also pay a core charge. Not a huge deal breaker. I CANNOT wait 1-2 weeks for injectors either. I have to drive my truck...

I'm thinking the DAP 75hp's are probably what I should go with...

I just gotta try and find someone for the o-ring connector tubes. Diesel performance power has the rv275's AND they include the o-rings with them!

I'm not worried about creating power than I'am more concerned about gaining MPG's and the peace of mind the injectors are functioning 100%. I would say the power is a fringe to me...

So if I want the most mpg's, what injector?

275's?

40?

60?

75?

Or do they all pretty much make about the same in mpg gains but the higher rated ones do it and create more power?

You guys see this?

http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/98-5-02-performance-parts-discussion/436681-injector-breakdown.html

I wonder if this is going to need to be factored in with my purchase?

I'm a man of technicalities... :doh:

...also, I returned the inch pound torque wrench and got a 1/2" to 3/8" adapter instead, and you would not believe what it said! It was warning me that the adapter contained chemicals known to the state of Kommifornia to cause cancer! :cookoo:

I really can't answer the rest of your questions, but I can point you in the right direction on the torque wrenchs. There are 12 in/lbs to 1 ft/lb. So your in/lb wrench starts at 10 ft/lbs and your ft/lb wrench starts at 120 in/lbs, so they both start at the same place. If the spec calls for something less than 10 ft/lbs / 120 in/lbs you need a 1/4 drive torque wrench. I would tighten the clamps for the injectors hand tight, after doing a few test runs with the 120 in/lb wrench setting. Since this is about proper bolt stretch and not about creating a bow in a selling surface you should be fine. If your not using new bolts the torque spec. is useless anyway for gaging bolt stretch, that will stay streched to that setting. That's why it is always recommended to use new fasteners for critical areas. i.e. head bolts.HTH

• Owner

It would be best to get a actually inch pound bar rated for that span. Like I've got a simple Harbor Frieght 1/4" drive inch pound bar for that reason. What you'll find out is that trying to use a torque at the very low end of the measurement its very difficult to feel the click. I tried this with my 3/8" driver and nearly impossible to feel it.DAP has been really good with prices for me... But shop around you never know when someone else might have a blow out sale... :whistle:

There is a guy on CF that had some used crossover tubes and new o-rings that I was gonna buy but will give you his info if you want them as I really dont need them. I got my crossover tube o-rings from my local cummins shop for about $2 each. For great injectors with even better prices look at Contagious Diesel, Lee has sort of a following and makes good injectors. You also dont have to send cores back until you get your new injectors. http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/Contagious-Diesel-Performance/147994165231032

[TABLE=class: uiInfoTable profileInfoTable noBorder]

[TR]

[TH=class: label]Location

[/TH]

[TD=class: data]Mayville, WI

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TH=class: label]About

[/TH]

[TD=class: data]Contagious Diesel - Where all your diesel bug bites are treated

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TH=class: label]Personal Information

[/TH]

[TD=class: data]Matt - 1 920 382 3312

Lee - 1 920 517 1247

Call or text.

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TH=class: label]Personal Interests

[/TH]

[TD=class: data]Helping the average joe get what they want/need out of their trucks, for less.

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TH=class: label]Email

[/TH]

[TD=class: data]contagiousdiesel@hotmail.com

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]