• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

A little package came...

Yeeeep... DAP 75HP Injectors! :hyper:

Its raining like a cow pissin' on a flat rock! :ahhh:

Stay tuned! I'm gonna post up about the install and let you guys know how it pans out!

I haven't heard that in years. Thanks for the laugh.

Looking forward to hearing how you like the injectors. I need to upgrade mine and have been on the fence between the RV275's or something a bit bigger. Mileage and not killing the trans are my biggest concerns.

I will be interested also as I just got some 75hp injectors also and now am looking for a place to pop test them. It will be next month before I will have the funds to have them installed. I am looking forward to getting them installed, so it will be great to hear how they work in your truck so I know what to expect.

:lol: It was not the man in braun... It was the man in blue. The one that carries the mace and doggy treats. Imagine that! :whistle:When you come up here to Idaho, you start running into people that say the darndest things. My first year here up in the North, I thought I was not gonna be able to understand what they were sayin'...I talked to the guy at DAP, and he said the 75hp injectors are the biggest I should go with the stock turbo. I don't want anything bigger anyways as I don't want to stress the transmission.DAP has them popping at 300 bar. I'd like to get them to pop at 4500psi. I think thats 310 bar. We shall see how they do with what they have them at..The guy at DAP said I should see about a 2mpg gain, and when I add a tuner box, it should not be surprised to see a total of 4mpg increase. If I get them IAT fooler mod in, and if my injectors are not performing right, maybe I will see alot more!Guess we shall see! I won't be able to start doing them until I get back into town and the weather is fair... Hold tight!BTW, DAP was able to tell me all I needed to know about their injectors:VCO Nozzle, not SAC's. 7-hole at 300 bar. Not sure on hole-size or needle style. They should be very effective for DD!

:lol: It was not the man in braun... It was the man in blue. The one that carries the mace and doggy treats. Imagine that! :whistle: When you come up here to Idaho, you start running into people that say the darndest things. My first year here up in the North, I thought I was not gonna be able to understand what they were sayin'... I talked to the guy at DAP, and he said the 75hp injectors are the biggest I should go with the stock turbo. I don't want anything bigger anyways as I don't want to stress the transmission. DAP has them popping at 300 bar. I'd like to get them to pop at 4500psi. I think thats 310 bar. We shall see how they do with what they have them at.. The guy at DAP said I should see about a 2mpg gain, and when I add a tuner box, it should not be surprised to see a total of 4mpg increase. If I get them IAT fooler mod in, and if my injectors are not performing right, maybe I will see alot more! Guess we shall see! I won't be able to start doing them until I get back into town and the weather is fair... Hold tight! BTW, DAP was able to tell me all I needed to know about their injectors: VCO Nozzle, not SAC's. 7-hole at 300 bar. Not sure on hole-size or needle style. They should be very effective for DD!

:lol: That will work as well. :thumbup2:

:lol: It was not the man in braun... It was the man in blue. The one that carries the mace and doggy treats. Imagine that! :whistle: When you come up here to Idaho, you start running into people that say the darndest things. My first year here up in the North, I thought I was not gonna be able to understand what they were sayin'... I talked to the guy at DAP, and he said the 75hp injectors are the biggest I should go with the stock turbo. I don't want anything bigger anyways as I don't want to stress the transmission. DAP has them popping at 300 bar. I'd like to get them to pop at 4500psi. I think thats 310 bar. We shall see how they do with what they have them at.. The guy at DAP said I should see about a 2mpg gain, and when I add a tuner box, it should not be surprised to see a total of 4mpg increase. If I get them IAT fooler mod in, and if my injectors are not performing right, maybe I will see alot more! Guess we shall see! I won't be able to start doing them until I get back into town and the weather is fair... Hold tight! BTW, DAP was able to tell me all I needed to know about their injectors: VCO Nozzle, not SAC's. 7-hole at 300 bar. Not sure on hole-size or needle style. They should be very effective for DD!

with my 60's i saw about 2mpg, add a smarty and some 2 stroke and i would venture to say your bouncing on 4mpg. if you want a video to watch, check out my article about injector install.

I will refer to your video about the injector install when the time comes. I watched it once, so I got a good idea what to expect. I'm tooled up for the job!Hoping to avg 20mpg. I think I may break that and hover in the 22 mark though! ...its still raining though. :banghead:We've got some good urban flooding going on! I was up to my ankles in water when I stepped off my porch. The local creek has already flooded over its banks. This is just the start too!

Alright Pepsi! :nono: Your video did not discuss everything needed to do the job. That okay though... you get a mulligan this time! :wink:Just gaining access to remove the steel lines is a PITA! I almost stripped out one of the bolts to the engine lifting bracket. I managed to get behind it and loosen the steel line.So I'm at a bit of a stopping point here. I removed the steel lines and crossover tubes. Except, I noticed that the end of the steel lines where they mate to the end of the crossover tubes are seemingly corroded of some sort. It is a white color and some reddish brown as well.The crossover tube ends do not have burrs or anything like that except from the shaft down from the o-ring, it looks like its rusty? I cant tell whats going on...I do not have the camera with me, as I think my mother-in-law has it. If you guys cannot comprehend what I'm talking about, I can try with my cell phone.I just need to know if this is a BAD thing or not. If not, is there any abrasives I can use to clean them up? Should I not even bother cleaning them up in this spot? Did not know if its a critical area....

Pretty common and nothing to worry about, a bit of fine steel wool or emery cloth will clean things up good enough.

COOL! I have both of those. I think some steel wool would be better idea...

On the other hand, I pulled injector #1 and MAN! You guys have gotta see it! I hope the majority of it was not from me! When I get done with the injector job, I will post up some pics!

--- Update to the previous post...

Alright, I got everything buttoned up. Got lines 1, 3, and 4 cracked. Cranked 4 times for about 30 sec. each time. I'm getting nothing. Not even a slight fire...

Suggestions?

COOL! I have both of those. I think some steel wool would be better idea...

On the other hand, I pulled injector #1 and MAN! You guys have gotta see it! I hope the majority of it was not from me! When I get done with the injector job, I will post up some pics!

--- Update to the previous post...

Alright, I got everything buttoned up. Got lines 1, 3, and 4 cracked. Cranked 4 times for about 30 sec. each time. I'm getting nothing. Not even a slight fire...

Suggestions?

you have lines 1-3-4 loose, like completely loose? as in the nut is not on the crossover tube? and your cranking it?

Okay, I'm at a total of 12 cranks or so now. At 10 cranks, I had line 5 also cracked. Fuel started coming out of line 3 and 5. I sealed them all up. After, the truck would start to fire somewhat. It was not turning over and running roug, but kind of firing while cranking. Lots of black smoke. At 12 cranks, I gave up. Was late, cold and hungry.I'm gonna wait until tomorrow to try it again and see if she will crank over. I was thinking about cracking open lines 1 and 4. As fuel was not coming out yet. I think if I can atleast get 3 to get firing she will take off...Hoping that these injectors don't make me have to try and crank a few times in the cold just to get them going on a regular basis...

Okay, I'm at a total of 12 cranks or so now. At 10 cranks, I had line 5 also cracked. Fuel started coming out of line 3 and 5. I sealed them all up. After, the truck would start to fire somewhat. It was not turning over and running roug, but kind of firing while cranking. Lots of black smoke. At 12 cranks, I gave up. Was late, cold and hungry. I'm gonna wait until tomorrow to try it again and see if she will crank over. I was thinking about cracking open lines 1 and 4. As fuel was not coming out yet. I think if I can atleast get 3 to get firing she will take off... Hoping that these injectors don't make me have to try and crank a few times in the cold just to get them going on a regular basis...

the only lines you should have torqued down to 28 ftlbs, is lines 2 and 6. the rest 1,3,4,5, should be completely off of your head, as in the nuts are sitting loose. then crank the engine for 30 seconds, and then let the lift pump run for its 20 second prime cycle. after each cycle, (as the lift pump is running) jump out and look to see if your lines are weeping, as soon as they do then tighten them up. once all 6 line nuts are tight then tighten down your brackets(the things with the blue on them), and i mean bolt down the brackets to the engine, then tighten the brackets themselves. it should take maybe 10 or 15 mins at this point. your aftermarket lift pump should push the fuel through the VP-44. You did bleed the air out of the fuel line going to the VP-44 correct? Maybe i am mis reading, but it sounds like you had the lines tight, then started loosening them? when done, your truck should be like mine, and start right up after 1/2 cycle of the crankshaft, now then join me in the club of stalling out, lolz

i usually open 1,3,4 and start closing them up as they start to bleed....sometimes i gotta get 5 cracked too and ya might have to....i typically crank until one of em starts to bleed, but no more than about 30 seconds, then tighten it up and crank again till the next one bleeds and so on....she will fire, just keep crankin!:thumbup2:

i usually open 1,3,4 and start closing them up as they start to bleed....sometimes i gotta get 5 cracked too and ya might have to....i typically crank until one of em starts to bleed, but no more than about 30 seconds, then tighten it up and crank again till the next one bleeds and so on....she will fire, just keep crankin!:thumbup2:

i tend to do 1,3,4,5 and fine that 5 usually bleeds first, then 1... Its good to let your starter rest, that is why i let the lift pump cycle, because my fass will push the fuel through the vp-44, and to the lines.

i tend to do 1,3,4,5 and fine that 5 usually bleeds first, then 1... Its good to let your starter rest, that is why i let the lift pump cycle, because my fass will push the fuel through the vp-44, and to the lines.

From what I've read, the lift pump does not push fuel through the vp44. You have to crank the truck to get any fuel past the vp44. I did originally have the lines torqued down, then I loosened them. I did it that way so the lines would seat properly. Sounds like I just need to crack the lines again and shut each one as they start weeping fuel... I'll report back in a little!

These things can be finicky sometimes. I usually never crack the lines on mine, just floor it and it blows the air out eventually (don't think this works for a 24V). However, last week I had all the lines off and the injectors apart and I put it all back together and did the same tactic but this time I had a slightly rough idle. I went out and cracked line #1 at the injection pump and there was no change. I said hmm and cracked #1 at the injector until it started leaking fuel, tightened it back up and all was well. So sometimes they just get the right air bubble in there that wreaks havoc, I had never had to do that before.