• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Oil Leaks...

:banghead: So when I did the KDP fix, I bought the fel-pro set. Which came with a 1year warranty. Well, I do not have any proof of purchase, cause I threw the receipt away. :doh:

To get a crank seal, its in the range of $30-40!

Man, this sucks!

My question is this:

- In order to do the crank seal, can I remove the seal without removing everything again just to get the cover off? Or can I just take the dampener off and can remove the seal then?

--- Update to the previous post...

http://forum.mopar1973man.com/threads/3166-Crank-seal-amp-timing-gear-cover-gasket-install

^So I pray this is NOT the boat I'm in?! :ahhh:

I must be sadistic as I would almost pay to do your crank seal :lol: It's not that hard to do and it's neat getting to see all the gears. Never seen that guys writeup, very nice pics. However! I think I have excessive blowby that actually blows oil out of the seal rather than the seal being bad. The dipstick on mine is always out 1/4" when I pop the hood and I just have lots of reasons to believe it is excessive. I have a lot of oil leaks on stuff that I have just changed the gasket on, sometimes multiple times and it always leaks afterwards. I have done the timing cover 3 different ways and I think the cover is fine but the seal keeps leaking and I know it's on there right and I think I have gone through 3 of them now.

Ummm... I've never replaced a crank seal yet... So I'm not sure if you can do it without pulling the cover or not.:shrug:

I'm coming to a day when I know I've got to do mine soon. I'm getting the same wet spot... :rolleyes:

Ugh, lol. Someone out there has to know!

I just found out though, that if I need one of those speedy sleeves, I can get one from O'reilly's!

But it will still equal the price of how much it cost on the net! Although, I will save on shipping.

--- Update to the previous post...

I must be sadistic as I would almost pay to do your crank seal :lol: It's not that hard to do and it's neat getting to see all the gears. Never seen that guys writeup, very nice pics.

However! I think I have excessive blowby that actually blows oil out of the seal rather than the seal being bad. The dipstick on mine is always out 1/4" when I pop the hood and I just have lots of reasons to believe it is excessive. I have a lot of oil leaks on stuff that I have just changed the gasket on, sometimes multiple times and it always leaks afterwards. I have done the timing cover 3 different ways and I think the cover is fine but the seal keeps leaking and I know it's on there right and I think I have gone through 3 of them now.

Hmm... now that I think of it, maybe the leak will stop. I think I may have the same problem as you. As I think my injectors introduced too much diesel and caused the blowby as well?

Maybe I will wait a little and see what happens... Might just have to change my oil. I know I put that darn seal on good! :nono: