• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I need to replace my tow mirrors. Mine are maual, but I would like to have power, heated would just be a bonus. I looked into my door panel today and see 2 vacant plugs at the mirror bolts. Does anyone know if these plugs are for the power heated mirrors? I found a pair of heated power mirrors for $240 but dont want to spend the cash if they want work. I know i need the switches, still working on those. Just wondering if anyone has done this or knows if the harnesses are for the mirrors. I also cannot find any fuses for them inside the truck or under the hood.

No. The truck came stock with manual mirrors. I need to replace them and thought it would be nice to at least have the power mirrors. But if the wiring harnesses are already in the truck it would not be that difficult to add the swithches and have the features.

I did this already. The tow ones just plug in to the ports. And you will have to get a controller knob. I got mine off eBay from a 99 dodge mini van. The wire and fuses are already in place so it's plug and play. Just make sure to not pinch the wires while you tighten them down

• Like 1

My wifes 2000 dakota had the same adjustment swithch mine needs so apparently they were used in many dodge vehicles. Not worried about the heat swithch right now. I have got to scrounge up the money for the mirrors. just bought me some new nerf bars and a tailgate to replace the one I backed into a tree with while it was down. http://www.1aauto.com/1A/Mirrors/Dodge/Ram-2500-Truck/1AMRP00121/380857/2001 This is the best deal I have found on any so far. Anybody ever bought from them before?

• Like 1

http://www.am-autoparts.com/2002/Dodge/Ram-2500-Truck/Mirrors.html

Check these out dripley, I've had a set of these for a little over a month and love them. Hadn't had a problem yet. Power and heated works great and are identical to the factory tow mirrors. Mine I got ended up being around 220 or so but I had to buy the brackets for mine I had the small mirrors but you said you have tow mirrors so you should be good to go with mirrors. Hope this helps:thumb1:

--- Update to the previous post...

* correction $260 I meant to say

• Like 2

http://www.am-autoparts.com/2002/Dodge/Ram-2500-Truck/Mirrors.html

Check these out dripley, I've had a set of these for a little over a month and love them. Hadn't had a problem yet. Power and heated works great and are identical to the factory tow mirrors. Mine I got ended up being around 220 or so but I had to buy the brackets for mine I had the small mirrors but you said you have tow mirrors so you should be good to go with mirrors. Hope this helps:thumb1:

--- Update to the previous post...

* correction $260 I meant to say

Dave, I got these ^^ http://www.am-autoparts.com/2002/Dodge/Ram-2500-Truck/Mirrors/AM-21943512/380857.html

Brackets came from local dodge dealer for like $20 pr.

The bracket part numbers are: K55156128AC & K55156129AC

I've had them a year or so, and I'm quite satisfied with them. I have the power/heated ones. They do shake a little at speed, but nothing I can't deal with.

• Like 2

post-10340-13869818652_thumb.jpgThanks Rick. I dant decide wihch one to pick, Your choice or Dereks's. Think Ill just close my eyes and point. Anything is better than what I have been looking thru for the past while. Had my glass man make me one when I broke the original. He did a beautiful job. I then proceded to stick it over the broken one and used silicone. Dont know why i did it, I learned along time ago you cant use silicone on a mirror, it just eats up the reflective backing.
  • Like 1

Hey Dave, the ones that Rick's showing you are the exact mirrors I have. I linked you to the website and he linked you to the actual mirrors. Instead of going through the dealer I just got the brackets through am autoparts which was why mine was a little higher. My mirrors don't shake to bad at any speed. They don't shake anymore than the tow mirrors on the 06 I had. You'll be happy you got them.

• Like 1

I noticed they were the same, thats why I said i would close my eyes and pick. I do appreciate both of you pointing me toward them, that is the best price I have seen for them. I dont need the brackets since I already have tow mirrors. Think I will order them today.

• Like 1

I have the manual tow mirrors... I don't like their blind spot in the tow mode & readjusting is a PITA (since I can barely get myself into the truck because of my legs impairment). Can someone tell me if the trucks were prewired in 01.5? Where does the control mount? I read through this thread & can't see the exact answers... sorry if I'm missing something here...Thanks guys,Russ

Russ I just checked my 02 last week and the wiring was in the drivers door. If you look on the drivers door panel at the vertical part next to the dash there should be a round plug where the adujusting knob woould be. I never could find a new knob so I ordered a used one off of Ebay for $18 shipped. I am hoping the wiring is in the dash for the heated part. I want know that until I take the bezel off and look. But I do believe the bezel is going to fall apart if I take it out again so that is going to have to wait. Walsey and Rogan both did theirs and the wiring was there.I pulled the screw out of the top off the door panel and pulled it back just enought to see 2 plugs for the wiring mounted right at the mirror bolts. It appears one of them matches the plug on the switch I bought.

• Like 2

I have powered mirrors now, well one is still in the box, but the driverside is on and works great. They appear to be a well built product. could'nt find any thing on them to know where they are made. The wires on the switch I bought were not quite long enough so I had to rearrange 2 of the harnesses so I could pug it in. It seems to put one in a slight bind and the plug on the switch trys to lock into its harness, it is not very tight and I can pull it apart. I am not sure that switch is exactly the right one. Got to go visit another salvage yard to look at a bumper think i will have a look around while I am there to see if I can improve the wiring. It was just all plug and play. Hopefully the heated portion is in the dash and that will be the icing on the cake.

• Like 1