• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Rebuilding a hydraulic Jack... cornfuzed..

Rogan

Nope, I don't have a manual, and I don't know wtf I'm doing. All I can say is that it works when it wants, and that's not good enough.

Its a Central Hydraulics motorcycle Jack.

Posted Image

It doesn't leak, and it appears to be full of fluid. However, I don't know what all these are for:

Posted Image

Left side, no idea. Allen plug pukes oil when I open it. Right flat tip screw thingy when you take it out has a flat tip screw adjuster inside.

Any help? Sometimes the Jack works full stroke pump. Sometimes, partial stroke. Sometimes it doesn't hardly move.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

A simple way to blead most jacks is to leave it in the lower or released position with the valve open and then pump it for a while. This will usually cycle the air out of the valve. Works on a lot of jacks and pumps but not gauranteeing it would work on all.

Manual hydraulic jacks are pretty simple creatures. It'd be easier if we had X-ray vision. You have a reservoir. You have a pump which draws oil from the reservoir & forces it through a check valve into the piston cylinder. You have a release which is nothing more than a bypass from the cylinder back into the reservoir. If it lifts & holds & releases when you turn the handle, then that part is ok.If there's oil in the reservoir, that should be all that required.It is possible to blow the O-rings out of the cylinders but that's pretty obivious under load. I used to blow the seals out of jacks jacking up boat cradles... with 40 foot Concordia yawls in them! The yard sent them out to be "rebuilt" but I don't think the did anything more than add oil.The pump... there could be a blown seal in the pump. My brother has had some luck matching O rings at the auto parts or hardware store by trial & error... he says something about jacking up train engines is tough on jacks. There could be something wrong with the check valve.

I read it, once I found it online. Still, though, it doesn't really break down what I need broken down to troubleshoot. I think it's all in the cylinder assembly, maybe a piece of trash or something in the fluid that occasionally doesn't allow the valve to close completely.. I dunno..