• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I'm looking at a set of 4 Cooper Discoverer H/T 235/85/R16's Load Range E for my truck. Have found a set on line for $605.00 with a 60k warranty. Was wondering if anyone has any comments on Cooper Tires, good or bad. I'm presently running a set of Yoko Geolanders G053 and it looks like I'm not going to but about 32k miles on them.

On my '04.5 right now, I'm running Cooper Discoverer AT3's. I've got about 12,000 miles on them, and they seem to be wearing very well. Prior to them, I had the Cooper Discoverer ATR's (which are no longer offered and the AT3's replaced) and I got 75,000 miles out of them. I could have gone about 10,000 miles longer on the ATR's, but Cooper was having a rebate on the AT3's and it was coming into Winter here.

So I guess I would recommend them!!!!:2cents::thumb1:

--- Update to the previous post...

I run Michelin LTX/AS and I get over 100k on each set.

In about 6 months or so of driving also!!!:smart:

I'm looking at a set of 4 Cooper Discoverer H/T 235/85/R16's Load Range E for my truck. Have found a set on line for $605.00 with a 60k warranty. Was wondering if anyone has any comments on Cooper Tires, good or bad. I'm presently running a set of Yoko Geolanders G053 and it looks like I'm not going to but about 32k miles on them.

They are an American made tire, which is a plus. They lasted me 32,000 on a 1500 with rotating every 3-4k. I still had tread left when I traded the truck in, but I had in mind trying something different, to see if it would last longer.

Tires are stupid Pricey. I went ahead and got a set of Treadwrights on sale for $400. (Best deal for a broke college student like I) IICR It was a 2 year warranty on anything. They last around 60-70K. Ive had mine for 15K no problems work great and grip like crazy. Will buy again. https://treadwright.com/

$400 is a steal of a deal. And, I havent seen retreads in forever. Are they decent quality? I only know from running trucks that retreads can be good like Bandag's, or not.

Tires are stupid Pricey. I went ahead and got a set of Treadwrights on sale for $400. (Best deal for a broke college student like I) IICR It was a 2 year warranty on anything. They last around 60-70K. Ive had mine for 15K no problems work great and grip like crazy. Will buy again. https://treadwright.com/

I looked at them a while back and they did appeared to be a good product. I would question the 60k 70k out of them. That is all I can get out of a set of Michelens. Hopefully between you and others tryig them we can geta better idea of tread life and how they hold up to a heavy load.

Update. I ordered a set of 4 to be delivered to my door. After extensive research, I think $619.00 for these tires is about the best I could do. Thanks for the comments.

I run those exact tires on my 2nd gen. I have previously been buying Les Schwab Tires because they have dealers all over so I can get service easy if I need it.I have gotten anywhere from 30 -35k miles max. I have probably bought 5 sets over the years. I swore them off because of the crappy miles and went with the Cooper Discover. I have 15k miles on this set and there are wearing great. I really like these tires. From the looks of them I am thinking it won't be hard to make 60k miles. Best wearing tires I've had on my 2nd gen.post-11041-1386981883_thumb.jpg

post-11041-138698188289_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Update. I ordered a set of 4 to be delivered to my door. After extensive research, I think $619.00 for these tires is about the best I could do. Thanks for the comments.

Just got my tires. Month of Manufacture 1712 which means they were made during the 1st week of May in the USA. I strongly recommend Pete's Tire Barn for on line orders. I worked with a guy named Ray and he looked after me concerning my request for New Tires not 2 year old tires that had been in inventory. I can be used as a reference.

As far as gas mileage I lost a few MPG because the set I have are fairly aggressive. I've had them since Nov of '11 and probably have 20,000 or so miles on them and there's still a lot tread left. They have 4 different tread patterns I think and one of them is a BFG all terrain KO and I think I'm going to get a set of those and use the ones I have as snow tires.