• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

EV2's Installed

• Staff

My Pricol pyro started acting up this past winter, and after a few tows with it acting funny it was time to give it the boot. I really wanted a matched set, so I sold the other 4 Pricol's and ordered up a set of 5 ISSPRO EV2's.

I have been wanting to change the locations of my a couple gauges and add a time delay relay for a while, so this worked out well.

I had the alarms set to where I want them, which is a GREAT feature of the EV2.

Boost 0-40, warning > 38 psi

EGT 0-1600°, warning >1300°

Fuel Pressure 0-20, warning <3 psi

Oil Pressure 0-100, warning <15 psi

Exhaust Backpressure 0-100, warning >65 psi

The gauges came with the dimmer and that made install VERY easy. You are able to daisy chain them, and I was able to route the wiring from the dimmer knob to the Oil in the A-Pillar, to EGT, Boost, Fuel on the dash and down to DP by the trailer brake controller.

Previouslly the EGT was in the A-Pillar, and Boost/Fuel/Oil were on the dash, with DP down by the brake controller. I liked DP by the controller as I mainly use it for the exhaust brake, and next to the brake controller made sense. What I wanted to do was put Boost/EGT next to each other on the dash and move oil to the A-Pillar.

Additionally I have been wanting to add a time delay relay to the gauges. I don't like how when you start the truck the gauges reset and readings have to wait on the gauge to power back up. I got a TDR from a friend of mine, and wired all 5 EV2 to it. Now the ignition has to be off for about 2 minutes before the gauges shutoff. This does 2 things I like, it allows quicker and more accurate oil/fuel pressure readings during and after start and it lets me monitor EGT's after shutting the motor off. If they really climb I can tell I didn't allow enough cooling time.

All in all I like the EV2's. I still think some of the markings on the Pricol's were better, and a mechanical boost gauge is much smoother than an electric one. The boost gauge does read about 1 psi lower than the ECM sees, but I think that's due to being at 3K feet elevation. But overall these are great gauges, and very precise!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Here you are.. Flash makes it glare, and too dark for a decent no flash pic, but you get the idea. What do you run for gauges dork? [ATTACH=CONFIG]4145[/ATTACH]

Autometer UltraLites.......EGT, boost, and Lift pump Also run the digital RP gauge..........the manufacturerer escapes me now.

Thanks for the SCREAMIN deal on them!! No worries on the time frame, I realize it was out of your hands. It's nice to have them, and was worth the wait for the warning lights.

So what's this about warning lights? I have EV2's also but mine have no warnings. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Staff

I am not sure when they added them, but the EV2's have a red LED at the 6 O'Clock position you can have go off at whatever pressure/temp you want. Right now they have to be programmed, but rumor is that ISSPRO will soon be releasing a "programmer" for them, so guys like dieselautopower can do it for you.

• Like 1