• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Shy of a lighter conversation?

hex0rz

• Staff

Thinking of better times? Me too... Now, I have taken the fist step, what next, Moparmom? ..I'm still kind of unsure where this is supposed to lead to? :lol:

Check see if you got oil under your place... I think times are a changin' for the better. Not sure but seems like it :pray:

Hahaha, would'nt that be something!Yea, I know what your sayin'. It seems like things are improving a bit, but what gets me is that they are still talking about how unemployment numbers are staying steady and that the reason why fuel prices are going down like they are is because we are heading into another recession...Really? Huh...

unemployment in this country is still sitting at 8.2%.In my neck of the woods it is over 10%. there is nothing showing that is going to reduce that. If you have a jpb, hold on to it, we are not out of the woods yet.

OK. ok! I'm here children! Now pay attention. If we're talking about Preparedness, we better be taking a case of action. If there is no action..there is no preparedness. Let me give you a current example that Mike and I have been working on and explains my absence for a day or two. Situations come up and you're forced to do something to prepare for your own safety and your home. Last year a rv was going by dragging a chain and it threw out a spark and the whole hillside went "poof" in a matter of seconds. We were enroute home and noticed the highway bulletin board gave the info as being 12 miles ahead of us. Mike stomped on the gas as we knew that fire was right by the house. We got home, opened the pond up for hoses and the irrigation lines and knocked out the neighbor's fire. So this incident in mind and knowing a holiday (July 4th) was coming up, I had been racking out pine needles in the drive way and filling up a truck bed full. We got to talking about needing more hoses to reach the distance, etc. One thing led to the other and we droved down to Boise to Harbor Freight to pick up 4 new hoses for our own personal fire line. The pond is filled and is A # 1 ready for the fire season. Now this is a part of the preparedness I'm getting at. It is not just stocking up beans & bullets. It is actually securing your home. We have friends in Colorado that are going through that same hell now. We have to take care of ourselves first, and our neighbors second. Basically that is the ppoint I'm trying to get across. What are you doing to give you peace of mind? Yes, if you're stocking up the food end...that's great. Grocery stores have food for only 3 days and them their's Panic. This is an issue that has to be tackled head on and no putting off. (DRipley..that means you too.) Coming back from Boise yesterday we drove up the great scenic 55. What a mess. We had boats, rv, campers and huge amounts of traffic coming at us. Everone was pouring out of wilderness/river/lake areas and we talked about the unemployment agenda because judging from the tidal waves of transit you would never know anyone was unemployed. See keeping your truck in tip-top shape is one thing but the greater part is securing the rest of your assets. That in mind...what are you doing? Better yet, what have you put off doing and why. The government is not going to take care of you. You've got to do that on your own.Love Mom

• Like 1

Ok since you mentioned me, i will have to say that procrastination is a bad thing. I seem to get engulfed in it form tiime to time. I am working on that one. You must have alot of my mother in you. It shows. Emily Ripley would be proud to have known you. I think you would have felt the same of her. Obama seems to want alot of us to think the government is going to take care of us. I dont believe in that for a moment. The government cant take care of itself much less any of us. So I am looking to do that for myself. I personally think they are to far into my life as it is. You two take good care of the homested and yourselves and we will try for the same here.

Dave Ripley I wish more than anything else that I could have had the honor and privilege to meet your mother. It would have been the highlight of my life! Two like-minded women trying to change the world...what a thought. There would be power in that combination, but since I can't have her presence..I have her son. You are a reflection of her and it comes across in your writing. You are a walking tribute to her, so she is very visible to me by and through you. Thank you for being her son. Love Mom

• Like 1

HEY! :thumbup2: Good to see you back on here Moparmom! I totally agree with you on this subject. It takes a certain kind of person to be able to look up and see the signs. There are too many people that wanna be in their bubble and go on thinking things are going to always be hunky dory. There is too much reliance on the govt. to come in and save the day. When disaster strikes, thats when people react. They do not prepare before hand as they should. No one did anything to prepare before Rome burnt down. It was not until it happened that action was taken. The funny kind of creatures we are! My paranoia has sometimes gotten the better of me. Perhaps it has not always been a bad thing either. I'm glad to be able stay sober-minded most of the time and not forget what will and can come to pass. I would rather not let it come upon me like a snare. Being that our location is a somewhat semi-rural, we do not necessarily have to deal with much here. Hurricanes, tornadoes, volcanoes, earthquakes are all rare occurrences. Flooding, wildfires, snowstorms are the more common. Flooding has not happened on a large-scale. Just local flooding. It can create problems, but usually nothing of the emergency type of nature. Wildfires have never been close enough here to warrant an evac. Does not mean it can't happen. Snowstorms would be the biggest one. We can get some good blizzards here and the power can go out. Typically does not stay off longer than a couple hours. Being able to drive in the snow is a little different. Have not been dumped on these past few years to cause much of a problem. Although, our city has changed their policy on how plowing will be conducted. Due to the lack of finances, they won't plow until it stops snowing! Some of the above mentioned could become bad enough to warrant a displacement. As I stand now though, I believe I have an adequate enough supply of gear to make it possible to wait it out. The biggest one I have been trying to prepare for is the civil unrest. Yea, I have enough guns and ammo to shake a stick at and ward off any "zombie apocalypse". The problem with the unrest is combating the enforcement of any executive orders that take effect during these said times... I have been doing my best to secure my assets as you would say. I have actually developed a plan of action to take and prioritized our finances to allow for it to be carried out. A good site I have referenced is: SurvivalCache I'm finally starting to reach through to my parents who have been somewhat on the fence about things. Its difficult for them to swallow what could come to pass and they do not like the idea of losing their little world. I have always been the type of person people would love to put me into the conspiracy theorist category, but dangit, when the day comes and things need to be done, they are gonna regret not preparing for something and they come running to me...