• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

FYI, we are eastern time zone in case your calling later in the evening :wink:

Oh crap lol.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

- - - Updated - - -

So...

I went to my buddy's farm this morning, and he plugged his MODIS into the truck..

Here's what we retrieved from the PCM:

[TABLE=class: grid, width: 500, align: left]

[TR]

[TD]ITEM

[/TD]

[TD]RESULT

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]P/N[/TD]

[TD]05012993 AB[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]EMMIS[/TD]

[TD]FED[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]CHASSIS[/TD]

[TD]RWD-HD-AT[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]ASPIRATION[/TD]

[TD]TRBDSL[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]INJECTION[/TD]

[TD]DI[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]FUEL[/TD]

[TD]DIESEL[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]YEAR[/TD]

[TD]97[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]ENGINE[/TD]

[TD]5.9L I6[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]FAN[/TD]

[TD]None[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]HARDWARE[/TD]

[TD]JTEC[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]BODY[/TD]

[TD]BR[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]TRANS[/TD]

[TD]4-A/T[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

So, as you can see, my PCM is for an RWD truck, not a 4WD...

Wonderful..

I'll be calling Dean (JR's friend) in a little while..

Oh crap lol.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

- - - Updated - - -

So...

I went to my buddy's farm this morning, and he plugged his MODIS into the truck..

Here's what we retrieved from the PCM:

[TABLE=class: grid, width: 500, align: left]

[TR]

[TD]ITEM

[/TD]

[TD]RESULT

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]P/N

[/TD]

[TD]05012993 AB

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]EMMIS

[/TD]

[TD]FED

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]CHASSIS

[/TD]

[TD]RWD-HD-AT

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]ASPIRATION

[/TD]

[TD]TRBDSL

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]INJECTION

[/TD]

[TD]DI

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]FUEL

[/TD]

[TD]DIESEL

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]YEAR

[/TD]

[TD]97

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]ENGINE

[/TD]

[TD]5.9L I6

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]FAN

[/TD]

[TD]None

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]HARDWARE

[/TD]

[TD]JTEC

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]BODY

[/TD]

[TD]BR

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]TRANS

[/TD]

[TD]4-A/T

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

So, as you can see, my PCM is for an RWD truck, not a 4WD...

Wonderful..

I'll be calling Dean (JR's friend) in a little while..

Are you saying that all the troubles you have been having with the tranny and poor mpg are because your truck has the wrong PCM in it??:doh:

So if that is changed to the right one then you have a new truck?? :think:

This could be Christmas in March. :pray:

I hear your pain i was there last year it will cost you but a dealer may be able to re-flash the computer as to the shifting mine was a wire for the apps sensor that a local transmission shop I will go over to storage tonight and snap a picture of the wire... It goes straight to the battery.

IMHO that line will not last, my truck left me 200 miles from home the first time the second time I was close to the shop that built the trans, in short I broke three lines in six months costing between towing parts and labor a tick over 3k all covered thank someone for the warranty i payed for cuz it bought me my trans in headaches... BTW i went through steel, copper, then steel again. They put a big pump in with a HD tipple disk TC my suggestion to you which I did and I will post pictures, go and find a hydraulic fitting shop you need your factory fitting so they know what to get you and length (now I feel like a goon for not knowing what they are) they can use what ever you want but you want a soft line capable of 200 psi a company called hyquip did mine it will set you back bout 300 to do every cooler line.

- - - Updated - - -

My mistake you dont have an apps sensor if im corect but the first pic is the wire i was talking about. the second is the cooler with the coupler that you broke the two after that is drivers side going forward to the auxilary cooler/ and a partial of the crossover auxilary sorry I couldnt get good pics of the two lines that crossover the transmission or were they go into the tranny the third also shows the clamps we used to group two lines together available at any local hardware that weird white stuff is called snow :lol: had a few to much of that in the past days making taking the pics hard and you can see my high quality undercoating on my oil pan :thumb1:hope this helps you in some way :rolleyes:

post-10136-138698198819_thumb.jpg

post-10136-138698198785_thumb.jpg

post-10136-138698198797_thumb.jpg

post-10136-138698198809_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

So, apparently, the PCM is right, per Dean. I may still buy the '96 PCM and harness, as the harness would server me well.

I've got a new list of things to check/do for Dean. Hopefully I can get this done this evening, if weather holds out.

Main thing he wants me to check is Governor pressure. 1psi per 1mph is what I should see, apparently.

- - - Updated - - -

Rain moved in last evening, so I've still not checked this pressure... we'll see what this evening brings, but it's not looking good, weather-wise..

• 1 month later...

x2Rogan - you know the best thing about all this is ?? .........once you get it fixed ....... we are going to have a local MM1973MAN 47RE tranny expert !!seriously ..... sucks to learn it the hard way - but your gonna have some invaluable diagnositics background to help others in an area where most people dont really know - just what we've read on forums .......thats going to help a LOT of people....:thumbup2:

• Like 2

LOL yeah. They should be here tomorrow. Weather permitting, I'll swap the PCM and harness in and see if it makes a difference. If it doesn't, then I'm just looking at it as I paid $100 for an unmolested harness to replace my hacked version. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Ok.. revival time. I swapped the entire pcm harness and pcm yesterday. It's like driving a different truck. Let me tell you that a cc dually, pitching sideways is a whole lotta truck to handle! LOL So I got an oe OD button to install. The dash harness has the pigtail for it already, so it's plug and play. Button works the OD fine but the light on the button (od off) never goes out. Only when I turn the headlights on, will the light go out, but doesn't cycle the light as you press the button on/off.. weird. Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2