• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

ABS and Brake light on

I been having an issue with my brake and ABS light coming on after I had to drain my fuel filter on the highway cause my WIF came on. Didn't have any tubing on me to guide the fuel away from dropping straight down so some water and diesel leaked on the diff. I am thinking I might of shorted out the front ABS sensor but I honestly can't locate them. Does anyone have a picture of where they are? Or some guidance on where I should be looking for them at? I have a '96 CCLB 12v if any more info is needed please let me know.

*I checked the rear ABS sensor and that one is good

Also to add to it, I can no longer shift into 4wd assuming it is cause of the ABS situtation though. Thanks for you input.

- - - Updated - - -

I been having an issue with my brake and ABS light coming on after I had to drain my fuel filter on the highway cause my WIF came on. Didn't have any tubing on me to guide the fuel away from dropping straight down so some water and diesel leaked on the diff. I am thinking I might of shorted out the front ABS sensor but I honestly can't locate them. Does anyone have a picture of where they are? Or some guidance on where I should be looking for them at? I have a '96 CCLB 12v if any more info is needed please let me know.

*I checked the rear ABS sensor and that one is good

Also to add to it, I can no longer shift into 4wd assuming it is cause of the ABS situtation though. Thanks for you input.

Also to add too it.. When I bought my truck in the fuse panel under the hood I did NOT have anything (no fuse or relay) in the ABS locations indicated by the sticker but I am unsure if it was the original one with the truck. Should there be something there?

• Owner

Front sensors are located in the wheel bearings...post-2-1386981905_thumb.jpgIf you replace them you must replace them as a pair. Typically ABS light comes on because there is a imbalance between the 3 sensors. The 3 sensor should show the same speed so if the truck is travelling 55 MPH all 3 sensor should show the same if not and say the front left is showing 45 MPH and the other 2 sensors are 55 MPH then of course when you apply brakes the ABS will automatically assume that the front left is partially locked up and never apply brake fluid to the wheel giving a firm feel to the pedal and pulling sensation.

The 96 trucks had RWAL (rear wheel anti lock). Another simple thing to check is your brake light fuse. I had a trailer short out once and popped the brake light fuse and both the brake and ABS lights came on.

• Like 1

The 96 trucks had RWAL (rear wheel anti lock). Another simple thing to check is your brake light fuse. I had a trailer short out once and popped the brake light fuse and both the brake and ABS lights came on.

this is what I was gonna say, as well as suggest. Also, I had a similar issue on my old Grand Cherokee Ltd. There was a little yellowish plastic screw-in thingy on the ABS block, with a single wire connected to it. I replaced it with a junkyard piece and my lights went out.. to this day, I still have no idea what that was.