• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Ok. So, since I have 100hp injectors, I could be safe to turn it down then? Would that possibly save me some fuel? Thank you for letting me pick your brains so much lol. Its just been nice to have so much :smart: in one place. If you get tired of my questions just lemme know :lol:

Yes, you could turn it down if you wanted to. The main thing is just knowing that your providing enough fuel to the VP44 to keep it safe. The principle behind the adjustment factor is for those that have other fuel adders in their system to be able to dial out some of the smoke pre boost. The edge does pre boost control until the snail reaches 10lbs of boost. It then reverts back to normal fuel operation (100%) past that. As long as you know your VP44 is receiving 14lbs or more of fuel pressure (at least most of the time anyway.) I think you could play with the options and see what works best. Then let me know because I think I am going to attempt to locate some injectors myself soon. Good luck

Ok I understand now. Thanks for explaining that. What size injectors are you looking for? I am thinking about going down to rv275's at some point. I might have a set to sell. I just wish I knew exactly what I had lol. The guy I bought the truck from "said" they are 100 hp but I am not really sure if they are or not.

• Owner

any particular reason why? Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

ISX did whole series on valve lash and performance by going to full loose extreme (0.015 0.030) to the full tight extreme (0.006 0.015) and he notice more performance on the tight side than loose. But for safety factor of valve expansion I only went a few thousandths tighter because of the long high temps I run hauling trailers. But even I notice a bit more improvement in the turbo sppools slightly faster, MPG's and exhaust brake operation.

ISX did whole series on valve lash and performance by going to full loose extreme (0.015 0.030) to the full tight extreme (0.006 0.015) and he notice more performance on the tight side than loose. But for safety factor of valve expansion I only went a few thousandths tighter because of the long high temps I run hauling trailers. But even I notice a bit more improvement in the turbo sppools slightly faster, MPG's and exhaust brake operation.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

• 4 weeks later...