• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Since I kept seeing a on/off P0216 that would come and go, I came across a great deal on a new VP-44 rebuild. Do I have to have my codes cleared or will they clear up on their own? If I dont clear the codes, will my truck not operate as normal??BYW, there is an excellent Youtube guide on how to remove and install a VP-44 pump.:hyper:

• Owner

If the problem is truely fixed the codes with self erase in 40 warm up cycles. So if you drive the truck for about a month it should be gone. Warm up cycle is defined as going from cold engine below 140*F to over 160*F worth of coolant temperature and then continue to run without setting the codes again. So like I said if the problem is truely fixed it will clear on its own.

• Staff

Did your truck have any running problems with the 0216 code? I ask cause I cleared mine, trucks running good and the code has not come back.I have a vp on the bench but, my trucks running so good, I'm thinking about waiting. :think: