• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Big sack o salty balljoints!

• Staff

So i get to tackle the balljoints, i am getting some dry ice and gonna do them saturday. gonna rent a press from advance, i got the $75 moog uppers and lowers all with grease nips! wish me luck :banghead:

Knowing what a job this is I decided to have it done so I do wish you a good deal of luck. I think a lot of guys would rather the Spicers made in America. They have the ones made in China also to compete with other less costly BJ's. But the ones made in the states are supposed to last a lot longer. I say this cause my stock BJ's lasted only 65k miles and if I remember right I think I heard the oems are Moog. There is a way to get lower BJ's that are greasable. You take off the zirk tip and put in a bolt cap so it clears the U joints. When greasing you turn the wheel till the U joint gives enough room to place the zirk back on.

My lower Moog joints came with angled fittings for easier greasing. Good luck wiht the install.

same here..

BTW, I used the Advance Auto Parts ball joint press. Note: It does not come with the correct angled cups for the dodge, but they will "get the job done"...

Sorry about knocking down the Moogs... I just read about a couple guys sayin' to avoid them for a couple reasons. :shrug:

I have seen folks knock them down and folks speak highly of them. Mine have been in for 1.5 years with no problems. I have seen that with alot of things we use on our vehicles here and else where. They way I se it, to each his own. So no offense taken here as I would assume no offense was meant either.
  • Like 1

well 3 hours of labor from tire off to tire on and they are good to go. i placed the lower bj so that the grease nip faces rear and since i heated the yoke up a bit it pressed in fairly easy. the top one was a pain cause it didnt want to go in straight so a couple of adjustment taps from the BFH and it pressed in.next friday ill tackle the passenger side.test drive is better but the tire is still out of round/balance but new tires in nov will fix that.

• Like 1