• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

98.5 OEM Fuel Filter

I am running stock fuel line and filter with a Fass ddrp2. I have had no problem whatsoever. I have read about replacing the banjo bolt fittings with larger less fuel restrictive fittings. I'm thinking I could change the banjo bolt at the vp44 to the enlarged "DRILLED" banjo bolt and run 1/2" fuel hose to the OEM Filter.I guess my question is, "Is the OEM Filter housing drillable to handle a 1/2" hose fitting". I need some advice from members that have been there done that.Thank you, Kerley

The vp and the fuel canister are metric fittings (12mm). Vulcan has adapters to go from 12 mm to 1/2". Ive priced similar fittings theyre hard to come by and for the price of the big line kit they offer i think youd be better off just ordering their kit. Just my opinion, it would be much easier than trying to tap the housing. Even if you went that route, youd still have to do something with the vp and id be afraid to even try tapping those threads.

• Like 1

I am running stock fuel line and filter with a Fass ddrp2. I have had no problem whatsoever. I have read about replacing the banjo bolt fittings with larger less fuel restrictive fittings. I'm thinking I could change the banjo bolt at the vp44 to the enlarged "DRILLED" banjo bolt and run 1/2" fuel hose to the OEM Filter. I guess my question is, "Is the OEM Filter housing drillable to handle a 1/2" hose fitting". I need some advice from members that have been there done that. Thank you, Kerley

2 part question - a. The consensus thus far is there is no problem going to a 1/2" hose fitting - and lots of people have gone the "Big Line" kit (ditto for my installations...it is a nice kit and easy to use.) b. Considering going to a larger drilled banjo bolt is really asking for problems...I would not trust the system because the bolt becomes much weaker with the larger holes - but you still have flow obstructions, the requirement for directional changes ...and you have to deal with the gasketed washers at each side of the banjo fitting. Nothing worth keeping in that design!!
  • Like 1

I just went to the local hydralic hose shop and bought all JIC 90 degree push-loc swept fittings/ adapters and hose to replace all banjos. Less expensive than vulcans "kit"

Just make sure you use a hose that is rated for fuel. Otherwise it could start breaking down over time and wreak havoc on your vp
  • Like 2