• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

@Dripley - Good Thermostat!

If my memeory seves me correctly, I googled the part number and it came back as a tstat for an 03. Not sure where I bought it, but the only Cummins stat I bought was a 180* and I still have that one. My problem must lay elsewhere. Glad it worked for you. If I ever get my problem solved i want have to buy another tstat for a long time. I have a nice collection of tstats and a couple spare ECT sensors to boot.

• Owner

Ummm... Owner error...:whistle::lmao::lmao2:Seriously I've only been out once with the truck and the initial opening of the thermostat was right at 200*F and then it feel rapidily to about 186*F closed again then came up to 193*F and stayed. This was only a 10 mile round trip to the dumpster. So more testing to come. Oh yeah you right really don't loose much coolant pulling the thermostat cover off. I figure there would be more loss and mess.

My brother owned a Buick Someset many years ago and the tstat was under the radiator cap on a long handle. Just pull the cap, pull the handle and reinsert same and you were done. The wifey's Dakota is on the underside of the engine. It has a reverse flow cooling system. its really messy.:cry:As far as that tstat you have, I just went in the parts house and asked for one for an 02 and thats what they gave me. It looked right so I put it in. Worked as crappy as the rest. But since it worked in yours, the problem must be somewher else. I have got to change my heater core so I will be draining everything pretty soon.