• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Truck missing bad

I have a 1998 24 v 3500, It left me sitting on the road with a 40 ft camper . I have replaced the fuel filter, fuel presure stays around 17, there are no codes, was just wondering if it could possible be a crank shaft sensor? or any other ideas. It just keeps cutting out and back on afraid the u joints and transmission will go,thanks

I have a scanner it reads both ecm and pcm codes, no codes Not sure if the vp will always give a code or just fail.

right now I am grasping for straws till the weather clears a little thanks

- - - Updated - - -

sorry I missed about the ip on your post, I sure hope it is not the ip.

Ok, so it misses under load... Will it run smoothly otherwise? I recently had a VP on my 2000 go... It would idle great, and run good to about 1/3 throttle and then cut out completely and buck.

• Owner

Just completed the install of a VP-44 from DAP, truck fired up and runs great. Would like to thank everyone here for all the help and support, expecally the tech at DAP which was very helpful. Truck had no codes till it completly went out and only a 1689 then, missed and no power for the last 1000 miles. Hopeful it will be good for another 130000 miles.

• Like 1