• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Head Gasket

Diamond,Mine is leaking pretty darn near where yours is. (I still hate to say it, the name we will not name) While frequent changes are never a bad thing, according to the techs at my local Semi shop, the 6bt appears to frequently lose the nameless item on the passenger front corner or drivers back corner. They also asked if it leaked more pulling a load. So I am guessing it does show up more than rarely.....Let me know how it goes. I too am wondering if I should have the head looked at and valve job done whist it is off.Hag

Got the head back from the machine shop today. Head had a slight warp in it so they ground it flat again. Ordered a upper gasket set and head bolt set from Cummins and a set of RV275 injectors from Diesel Auto Power. Hope to have it back on the road this weekend.

Gaskets- $207.34

Bolts- $109.98

Injectors- $389.00

Mach Shop-$220.00

Total $926.32

Inj. Core -100.00

Grand Tot. $826.32

Hmmm... :think: Any previous history on the truck? I wonder if someone abuse it a little bit. :whistle:

Actually, a slight amount of warpage is normal by the time a head gasket needs replaced. One cause for the gasket to leak there is the water pump. If you hold high rpms for a while (pulling a load up hill) the water pump will push water out there.

Actually, a slight amount of warpage is normal by the time a head gasket needs replaced. One cause for the gasket to leak there is the water pump. If you hold high rpms for a while (pulling a load up hill) the water pump will push water out there.

That is what the machine shop told me when i took the head in. He said that most heads that come in off of cummins motors are warped the same way. Truck is back on the road again and running great. Just have one small diesel leak that i need to find.