• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Notification emails

• Staff

I noticed that I haven't received any email notifications from the site since yesterday morning, yet there have been several threads updated. Anyone else having the same issue?I have this issue with TDR about every 3-4 months for a week, but this is a first for this site.

• Like 1

• Owner

Ok. As of right now the email account is not over for SMTP relays 30/250 (early in the day yet) so we are good but to keep it from happening I'm going to change up the email address to admin@mopar1973man.com and pull the mnelson@mopar1973man.com solely as a private email. Then I'm going to go back ans review the email setting of the site including the friendly reminders and such and see if I trim a bit of fat off of those to keep from going over.

• Like 1

• Owner

Ok I spotted the issue. I've got all the server emails and site email in one basket. So as when the server has a batch of errors it soaks up the relay count quickly. Off and on I see a burp of MySQL error that can soak up 30-100 emails relays. This is typically from the backup script trying to run in the late night and traffic isn't allowing it to complete so BURP.

So now with the admin@mopar1973man.com it won't send these emails out on admin@mopar1973man.com but it should continue to send then on the mnelson@mopar1973man.com So this will free up that problem.

Now on to looking at other options to trim the fat. :whistle:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Owner

So I am about 50:50 on receiving emails, some threads I do, some I don't.

- - - Updated - - -

Well some of the treads I was receiving notification on I no longer am...

You might double check back and see if the thread is still subscribed to... :shrug:

Just doubled checked and we only used 53 relays of 250 for today. So it should be there.