• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Bought DTT Assassin Mechanical Fuel Pump- No Install Instructions! Please Help!

Greetings-From Steffen at DTT ...I purchased the Assassin Mechanical Fuel Pump for my '98 24 Valve-I also purchased the Vulcan Double (Filter and H20 Separator)To install along with it. My idea of how to install the Pump etcis as vague as the instructions included with the pump. Which consists of a simple line diagram with little or no descriptions of where different fittings, filters, hoses go...there are not even instructions as to where to put the pump...where the individualbolst may go. Yes-given lengths of time and trial and error I could most likely figure it out, but I have had my truck off the road (A FUll MOTH) waiting for this pump. I already replaced my Injection Pump (which was fried) and now I want to keep that from happening once again with the Assassin.I have removed the old lift pump, and the stock fuel filter setup,I know I have to drop the fuel tank and install the daw straw-but where do I go from here. Do I use the hard fuel lines?How do I run them?Has anyone installed this on their rig? Someone who could direct me to some installation instructions that merit fallowingand provide a bit of guidance? Or maybe you have some picsof when you installed your own? Or know of a thread with step by step info? These would be so helpful- I am slammed- we need to move ASAP into our new home-freezing weather here in Deer Park, WA and it is going to take out our house water pipes if I cannot get moved in soon- (We just purchased a shop/house)- I am up to my neck in this project and have nothing with which to tow our trailers- Any help would be AWESOME! I need an experienced hand to show me the way-THANKSShawn

The Assassin is a mean billet, trash eaten machine! :lmao:

An inline filter would help, but it's not necessary.

The only problem you might have, is junk getting in the regulator, and sometimes it will cause a pressure drop. But you just unscrew it, take it apart and rinse the junk out.

DTT is now making an 80 micron filter that goes before the tee. (see picture #2)

- - - Updated - - -

Forgot I made this:

Posted Image

Click the picture ^

It's not the prettiest setup, it's kinda afro-engineered if ya ask me, but it's the best I could do, and it works!

Texas CTD would you be willing to compile a write up for this on the site? At least giving some people the basic information of install. :shrug:

Yessir, I can try. I would like to get some better pictures, and I'd need some time to get all the words put together where it'll make sense. :lol: PM me, and let me know what all I'll need to do, as far as getting it to you, or uploading it, etc. . .