• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Using other instruments on my truck, it seems the trucks readings are approx. and the external instruments are more accurate. I question this before and double checked using my friends instruments, my instruments and compared to the truck. Externals were the same with the truck slightly off. I wouldn't worry about it, but if it's accuracy I'd go with the scan gauge.

• Owner

There is a few things here to remember...Volt gauge is getting the information from the CCD network just like the ScanGauge II. Now the mechanical needle could be out of position. Or the Instrument cluster is not translating it accurately. :shrug:DVM at the batteries is the best bet. Yes. Even my ScanGauge II vs. Dash shows 2 different numbers as well. Worse on the 96 than the 02.