• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

So, I'm not getting into specifics, but I goofed. I was backing into a shop parking lot and from the first angle, there was no way I could have seen it... I backed into a freakin light pole... :eek::whistle::whistle::whistle::mad: Now, this would not have been much of an issue, but I was backing into a parking spot off my passanger side mirror completely hiding the pole coming up on my driver side as I was turning into a spot... At the moment the pole was visible in my driver side, I was already into it. I caught the far corner of my bumper which pushed in and turned the fender under, cracked the tail light and really pissed me off. So, if you were going to buy a - Driver side back fender- New Bumper- New light assembly and potentiall a new tailgate (not sure if it's turn at all), where would you go for the parts?

• Owner

Ahh damn that sucks to dent up your ride like that... :rolleyes2:

Well the damage I got on mine include...

[*]Dent in the front bumper from killing deer

[*]Dent in the rear bumper from a huge round of wood falling out of the bed hitting the trailer tongue and rolling back against the bumper.

[*]Small dent the the driver side bed from some bone head rubbing his mirror down the side of my bed.

[*]The Grand Daddy of them all.... Pulling a tree over on my truck! :eek:

http://forum.mopar1973man.com/picture.php?albumid=3&pictureid=80

http://forum.mopar1973man.com/picture.php?albumid=3&pictureid=81

So my truck no virgin to the body shop either...:rolleyes2:

You going to do the repair on the fender? That isn't going to just unbolt and bolt on. The old one will have to be cut off at the seams and welded back on. Can a good body shop fix the fender. You can try a wrecking yard and see if you can find something or put a note on Craigs list as well. Nothing is going to be cheap if your buying OEM. Sorry for the misfortune.

So this is going to involve welding??? crappy! I'm thinking I'm out 2500 or so on this one... I'll post a picture shortly just so you all can cry with me... The perfect body truck since 1999... Not even a scratcha and voila... Back into a freakin pole!

Yeap the bed side will have to cut off the spot welds and a new skin welded on. The bumper has to be replaced. Hard to tell if the tailgate is damaged. But it going to require so fund for sure... Or insurance if you got full coverage...(I do!)

$1000 deductible and got pinged for a speeding ticket a while back... Don't want them to be running my records just yet.... hmmm... If I can get this done for around $2500, I'll skip the insurance... If not, I don't have much of a choice....

Ouch! Sorry, what a clean truck. Looks like that could be straightened out to me. The Dually fiberglass will have to be removed. Don't they cut the skin for the fiberglass wheel housing? Think they do. Just make sure to recoat the insides when the repair is done to keep that rust away. I'll have to look at what state your from. Is this a daily driver? Dave

I'm right outside of Philadelphia, PA. It's not a daily driver... More of my boy-toy....

Ouch! Sorry, what a clean truck. Looks like that could be straightened out to me. The Dually fiberglass will have to be removed. Don't they cut the skin for the fiberglass wheel housing? Think they do. Just make sure to recoat the insides when the repair is done to keep that rust away. I'll have to look at what state your from. Is this a daily driver? Dave

i had something similar happen. i work at night on telephone polls and was backing up to the next one. the tailgate was down(its my work bench) pow.bang.zam(sorry, i watched batman last night) i only jacked up the tailgate. but i had to beat it with a hammer for 2 hours to get it off. now i got a white truck and a blue tailgate. on a side note. their is a salvage yard here that has a bed and matching tailgate. i think i is white, but not sure. if i remember right he wanted 1000.

i had something similar happen. i work at night on telephone polls and was backing up to the next one. the tailgate was down(its my work bench) pow.bang.zam(sorry, i watched batman last night) i only jacked up the tailgate. but i had to beat it with a hammer for 2 hours to get it off. now i got a white truck and a blue tailgate. on a side note. their is a salvage yard here that has a bed and matching tailgate. i think i is white, but not sure. if i remember right he wanted 1000.

Please let me know the name / number of that yard... Rather than beating the truck senseless, it would be easier for me to buy a complete part and just replace the bed and tailgate all together... Paint? I got a guy who does that.....

• 2 weeks later...

Bummer. I managed to bust both of my tail lights backing into things that hid below gate level. One side put a 2" stratch in the fender which I did not fix. I bought the lenses off e-bay. That was all in one freakin week...Yup, it hurt. Russ

Edited by flagmanruss
  • Like 1

I have a 28' elclosed trailer that I tow and I swear that the passenger side towing mirror is the worst that I have ever had to back up with on any truck. Even backing up just my truck in the dark is bad so I have a couple of lights that i'm going to mount on my trailer hitch and tie in to the backup lights.