• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

edge ez chip intake elbow

Alright guys, I had to get my 01 a new trans, so I went with the whole deal 3 disk TC Jam Pac valve body bla bla bla $4500!!! Got to say the stock tranny held up well even though my truck is 12600lbs. So with that said, Im thinking of adding a chip, get a little more out of the old girl. Nothing serious just a little more hp would be nice since the trans can hold it now. Ive added the S&B cold air and the AD100, so a chip is next. I have looked into the edge ez chip and want some input. Also the intake elbows, do they actually help or do anything? let me know, Thanks

• Owner

Neither the cold air intake or the intake elbow is going to do much for a daily driver. Like ISX has just found out for us that cold air intake are meaningless because after the turbo the intake air is roughly 300-400*F so cold air does nothing to aid this really. Now the intercooler is what does the magic and getting the boost charge down to outside temps again. But the intakes typically don't do much for a daily driver. Now if you full on racing yes I would say upgrade to gain that last 5 HP at 4,000 RPM's but for a nearly stock engine there isn't any gains to be had. Now if its a 3rd Gen then yes you would be smart because there intake is choked.

Get a comp and forget the EZ.:thumbup2:If I were to do the 24v second gen thing again I would go with a TST comp instead of the Edge comp. Tend to be a better quality product from all I know of out there. Edge has gone down hill a lot the last several years in quality.:2cents:

• Like 1

jttrucker - you're going to want to throw some money into your transmission, and you need a set of gauges.If you take Wild & Free's advice (if I had the money, I would do what he said:thumbup2:) go ahead and get the EZ, and stack it with the TST Comp. :drool: TST is fueling only; no timing. If you do that, you NEED gauges - and that setup will lay down some power, and hot EGT's. :burnout::burnout2:

• Like 1

jttrucker - you're going to want to throw some money into your transmission,

but since your a Auto I highly suggest you upgrade the trans before adding serious power to the truck.

Alright guys, I had to get my 01 a new trans, so I went with the whole deal 3 disk TC Jam Pac valve body bla bla bla $4500!!! Got to say the stock tranny held up well even though my truck is 12600lbs. So with that said, Im thinking of adding a chip, get a little more out of the old girl. Nothing serious just a little more hp would be nice since the trans can hold it now. Ive added the S&B cold air and the AD100, so a chip is next. I have looked into the edge ez chip and want some input. Also the intake elbows, do they actually help or do anything? let me know, Thanks

He already has a built tranny! You both missed the first sentence in this thread and the reason he now wants a power upgrade.

:lmao: I was wondering WTH? I had to go back to read my original post to make sure I specified I just built the trans LOL. GOTCHA! anyway Im just looking for mild power upgrade, thats why I was thinking about the edge EZ.

I would look around for a used one and try it out. You might want to go bigger after you try it. . . :think:

With some talk earlier in this thread about Edge and Tst. I found it interesting that when you go to the Edge website, and open the comp user manual, the tab in my browser reads TST Powermax Installation Instructions. Does anyone know if TST makes the comp for edge, or vice-versa. Or maybe some technology rights sold or something. Link http://www.edgeproducts.com/product_images/product_variation-user_manual-210.pdf