• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Air Dog 100 PSI

Anyone running the Air Dog 100? If so what is your psi? Does anyone know what acceptible psi is with the AD100? How about adjustment with the ball and spring????? Need some explanation? Im runnin 15psi at idle and about 12 at wot, according to my isspro guage. I do have the dreaded 0216 code so im trying to narrow things down before I buy the VP$$.

• Staff

Anyone running the Air Dog 100? If so what is your psi? Does anyone know what acceptible psi is with the AD100? How about adjustment with the ball and spring????? Need some explanation? Im runnin 15psi at idle and about 12 at wot, according to my isspro guage. I do have the dreaded 0216 code so im trying to narrow things down before I buy the VP$$.

My 0216 code went away. I drove 3 long trips this way against all the advice from Source automotive and others, most said I will leave me by the roadside. I am pleased the code went away, but wish I could explain why:think:. I understand that the code will come up if fuel pressures are not consistant. Mopar Mike, can explain you what the ECM or the PCM actually monitors besides the VP44 timing to send off a 0216? I've been trying to understand since my code went away.... but.... my fuel pressures have been usually consistent, well into the 18's dropping to 15 hauling heavy uphills at 3/4 throttle. That's the worse it has ever done anyway. JT, if We could figure why my 216 went away might be something to try anyhow. Does the 0216 code come up if the Lift pump voltage is out of range? That's another scenario, too I guess.

• Owner

Mopar Mike, can explain you what the ECM or the PCM actually monitors besides the VP44 timing to send off a 0216?

Monitor & Set Conditions

Fuel injection pump operation is monitored with ignition on. DTC will set when engine speed is greater than 300 RPM, fuel command 5 mm3/str and timing command within a certain window.

Possible Causes

[*] Other DTCs

[*] Fuel Injection Pump Gear Alignment

[*] Fuel Filter Restriction

[*] Transfer Pump Inlet Restriction

[*] Fuel Injection Pump

Sine the VP44 timing it set hydraulically that means if the fuel pressure isn't strong enough then the fuel pressure can move the timing cam inside the pump. So basically when the ECM commands for timing advancement and the VP44 doesn't respond in time then P0216 is set.

• Like 1

• Staff

Thanks for explaining this.A 30 micron pre L/P, 60 gallon per hour filter would need to be clogged a lot to cause that then Right? Sure wish I could figure what set off the 0216 code.I got a big honkin' tank vent and Vulcan big lines all the way with filters changed often. :think:

• Staff

Be sure to run lube ie 2-stroke. I had a new pump throw a 216 and coincidentally, it went away with more oil. Too small a sample size and I didn't measure anything. Extra oil will not hurt and you may get lucky.

That's cool... Thank you.