• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Headlight upgrade

I just put a set of A1 Auto head lights on my truck. They were $75 for both w/o the turn signals. They also came with bulbs, probably like the oe ones. The light is much better, but there is a small problem with the light dispersion from one side to the other. The brights were extraordinary though however. I have some photos and wanted to mess with them a little before I posted it though. They were cheap and might not last long:shrug:, only time will tell. It is an alternative if you are strapped for cash. Even with the light dispersion problem, they are a great improvement over what I had.

• Like 1

From what I have noticed, there are 2 different Sport models of trucks. Pre quad cab, Those are all painted the monochormatic but share the same bumper and headlights. The quadcab sports have the different bumper, grill and the 4 bulb headlights. Main thing on the truck is pre 98 or 97 the rad support will have to be opened up to accept the 4 bulbs units. Mine is an 01 so the opening was already there as it was probably easier to have one rad support.

• Like 2

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/02data1uuqsa7wd/pkpQW7sr4x#f:IMG_3201.JPG https://www.dropbox.com/sh/02data1uuqsa7wd/pkpQW7sr4x#f:IMG_3206.JPG these links seem to have a habit of expiring. the housings are available in black or chrome. ebay item. I've had two sets, the halo power supplies don't seem to last, one failed on each set after a couple months.

Thanks for the pics! After the Halo power supplies went out what did you do? Ho wis the lighting? Easy to adjust? I think those are the ones I want. Link to get them? Model number or company?

I saw a post the other day... A guy bought some morimoto mini projector kit... Disassembled the headlight unit drilled a bit cut a bit and made some kick a$$ headlights... Pictures showed amazing lighting and didn't have that ricer bling led ... Also I imagine with much more reliability since morímoto projectors are quality... Used a clear headlight unit though sent from my cell...

Thanks for the pics! After the Halo power supplies went out what did you do? Ho wis the lighting? Easy to adjust? I think those are the ones I want. Link to get them? Model number or company?

Ignored the halos not lighting. Light was more than great. Not easy to adjust or change bulbs though. To be expected with aftermarket lights really. Retrofits (re:minimoto) must be done with a clear lens light, and are a lot of work to fit properly.

I ordered the harness from Daniel stern today. I ordered my grandpa one on Monday and he said it arrived today before his sport lights.

Whats the difference between the Stern harness and the one Rogan published the .pdf on?

I think I posted these pics up somewhere but Ill throw them out there again. I found a guy that makes the harnessess as well, great quality. I have heard nothing but good about Sterns stuff other than the fact he can be hard to get a hold of, this could be a viable alternative for anybody looking. Took about a week to 10 days max to get the harness.post-11861-138698200168_thumb.jpgpost-11861-138698200177_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

I don't have DRL either. I ordered my Stern harness on april 11 and it has not made it yet. I am gonna send him an email cancelling the order.:doh:

Let me know if you need another source. I ordered one from a guy that builds them out of his garage. Good quality, fair price, and I had the harness in my hands in less than 2 weeks. I'm just using old bulbs (not the recommended ones) and wow! What a difference. Should have done this years ago.

Ignored the halos not lighting. Light was more than great. Not easy to adjust or change bulbs though. To be expected with aftermarket lights really.

I bought the same lights you had, I installed em and they looked great till I turned em off. The passenger side halos stayed on even with the lights off. I rewired to make sure everything was right, same outcome. Turned out that the halo housing was shorted to power so they were lit 24/7. Worst lights Ive ever bought and never will I buy them again nor would I recommend them to anyone, lol. Sport conversion sounds like the way to go! :thumbup2:

That sounds.... Interesting. Considering the housings are plastic I don't see how anything could short out aside from in the harness - and where was constant power even accessible to short to? I hate to say it but that really sounds like a truck side wiring problem. Tapatalking in traffic

The housing around the halo and high/low beams have metal contacts and rings in em. A guy I woek with is a 12v guru and I had him tear em apart to find out why they are staying on, that's the verdict he came back to me with. :shrug:Not sure why but now the halos are burnt out. When I bought my truck it had the same lights in it, halos and the led lights were all out. plus the lens's were sun damaged so I replaced em, not a fan at all.