• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Wood score!

hex0rz

A local lady gets bark chip from a landscaping company for her nursery. Shes going to be plantig 5,000 blueberry plants and needs the bark chip. Well, as a fringe benefit, they dump the wood there as well. Well, they only go through 6 cord/year. This is the product of them dumping their wood from last year.

She needs a fella like me to come over and get rid of the excess. It can be a very ideal situation for me as I will hopefully only have my saw and labor as my overhead. Guy is gonna get me a splitter and trailer. All I have to do is fill his woodshed and this and the rest of the wood from this year will be mine!

Now, someone tell me, who can guess the approx. cordage of this wood? Different mix of species of wood, pine, elm, fir, poplar, maybe birch. I'm looking at trying to mill out the majority of it for lumber. Maybe make some beams, countertops, etc.? Otherwise it will be firewood...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Owner

I got my trailer hitched up and one rebuilt chainsaw (Sthl 046) and and a brand new saw (Sthl 461). I bet if you leave that lay long enough I'll be smiling with 30 cords. :lmao::lmao2:Seriously that a killing stash of wood I would get busy and get the cleaned up now and get it seasoned and dried. :thumbup2:

CSS or cut, split, and stacked.....................I'd have to say 10+ full cords at least!! Kinda hard to gauge some of the pix though. I'm jealous. Do you have a big saw to buck the big ones??? Splitter???

I have a stihl 044 with a 20" and 36" bar. It will take some time to buck them. I'm actually leaning towards milling the wood instead. Trying to get a family friend to let me fix his trailer sawmill to use it for this stuff.

That's a good situation on level ground easy to get to. I'd say 30 cords :)

WE HAVE A WINNER! :thumbup2:

I got my trailer hitched up and one rebuilt chainsaw (Sthl 046) and and a brand new saw (Sthl 461). I bet if you leave that lay long enough I'll be smiling with 30 cords. :lmao::lmao2: Seriously that a killing stash of wood I would get busy and get the cleaned up now and get it seasoned and dried. :thumbup2:

Most definitely! If her place was in a little more public place, she would be having a problem with people hounding her for it. I've gotta get my saws in working order for this season and probably pick up a few more chains and a sharpener.
  • Like 1