• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I finally got my 4” exhaust hooked up yesterday. WOW, what a difference it made in the old heap. It really woke the truck up. I can’t believe the difference it made on how quickly the truck revs up. I drive it like an old man (of course I am) and usually shift the truck around 2 to 22 thou. Now I can’t stop the thing from reving to 3 before I can move the lever. Been racing and building hot rods all my life and I have never seen an exhaust make so much difference. I have been making up excusses to drive the truck anywhere for anything ever since.. I am a happy camper:hyper:

Sometimes I feel a disclaimer should be included with diesel parts and accessories. Such as may cause you to smile ear to ear when you fire the truck up in the morning. Fuel mileage may vary during the "honeymoon" period. When your turbo(s) spool, you may giggle like a little girl. When towing you can multiply the effects by 2. When towing a Ford or Chevy, at least x5. :lol: Glad you are enjoying the new exhaust. :thumbup2:

Sometimes I feel a disclaimer should be included with diesel parts and accessories. Such as may cause you to smile ear to ear when you fire the truck up in the morning. Fuel mileage may vary during the "honeymoon" period. When your turbo(s) spool, you may giggle like a little girl. When towing you can multiply the effects by 2. When towing a Ford or Chevy, at least x5. :lol: Glad you are enjoying the new exhaust. :thumbup2:

There needs to be a diaper with every set of injectors, a programmer, or exhaust kit. :lmao:

Been racing and building hot rods all my life and I have never seen an exhaust make so much difference. I have been making up excusses to drive the truck anywhere for anything ever since.. I am a happy camper :hyper:

I thought the same thing! lol. It's amazing! Glad you're having fun! :burnout:

Stock exhaust, stock truck. Only thing I have is a K&N air filter and I removed the silencer ring from the turbo. I put on a 4" turbo back exhaust to twin 6" stacks, it was a huge upgrade. Then the noise got a little much on longer trips so I installed a muffler and it quieted down pretty good.

There needs to be a diaper with every set of injectors, a programmer, or exhaust kit. :lmao:

Stock exhaust, stock truck. Only thing I have is a K&N air filter and I removed the silencer ring from the turbo. I put on a 4" turbo back exhaust to twin 6" stacks, it was a huge upgrade. Then the noise got a little much on longer trips so I installed a muffler and it quieted down pretty good.

Get rid of the k&n!
  • Like 1

The oil from the cotton filter will get sucked onto the compressor wheel of your turbo and gum it up. It will collect all the contaminates and glue them to the turbo.

Really!? That's not good at all! Hmm Well it looks like I'm on the hunt for a BHAF! :lmao:

This is my setup. I didn't bother with a mount but it does move! I will be looking into something to fix this. Also be sure to cover the AC line. Mine was not rubbing at first but after a few thousand miles its starting to wear. Check out Car Quest when you start shopping. The had the WIX filter for $30. Can't remember the part number off hand...

post-12655-138698203741_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I got mine from Vulcan Performance. It was a Diamond... It is a good exhaust, but if I had it to do over again I would buy a better kit. It came with all the hangers as bolt on hangers and it was a pain in the butt to install. I would spend more money and buy one that had all the hangers welded on in the stock location just for ease of installation. It should have taken less than an hour to install, but I was at it for the better part of two and a half hours getting everything lined up right. Sounds good though... It was worth it.

I bought a kit off Ebay some time ago... had hangers welded on. Muffler was a straight through glass pack... legal but not quieting IMHO. If I'd bought the FTE spiral resonator the first time could have deleted the muffler & been ahead of the game.