• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

TC lock un lock switch.

So i've been contemplating doing the switch mod for locking my TC. but i have one unanswered question. with the switch in the off position wiill the TC lock on it's on normally? then if i want to lock it then i cna flip the switch? right not mine works great. but there are times when i'd like some engine braking and other geek reasons to be able to manually lock and unlock it. Thank all.

For whatever reason I have never had any codes related to the converter and no resistor in line. Strange...

When I had one, I would forget to switch it off once in a while. I am not a fan of them. I never got any codes either.

Ok, now maybe i don't knwo what i'm doing... i've come across a thread somehwere that you remove the cylanoid then use a jumper wire, then wire a certain one to ground through the switch... ive not seen this method of the 33 ohm resistor. nore leaving the cylanoid in place.. maybe some more digging is in store, unless any you kind humans care to elabriate.:doh:

Tap into the orange/black wire on the passenger side firewall. Run that wire to your switch. Run the other side to ground. Solder into the ground wire a Radio 33 ohm resistor, part #271-1104. You should be done if your connections are all good, you got the right wire and you installed the resistor facing the correct direction.

That is from post#9 from here http://www.dieselbombers.com/5-9l-24v-performance/55735-tc-lockup-switch-help.html

There is no difference in the direction of a resistor. Just wire it up like that & leave the relay in place.

Ed

With my 2001, I kept getting a code about something with the lockup relay. I researched it & found the resistor trick. Might just be 01 & up. Never got the code again. The convertor functioned normal with the switch off & locked up fine while on with both styles of wiring.Ed

• Like 1

When I installed my lock-up switch I wired a relay into it and used a lighted switch to help keep from forgetting to turn it off when coming to a stop. I also had to install the resistor in the ground wire to keep from getting the code for the lockup relay.