• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

New Batteries

dorkweed

While down at the P's for Christmas, I broke down and bought 2 new batteries for my truck while down there. The OEM's still seemed OK, but they were 5.5 years old and I wanted to not have a problem down the road or on the road with the old ones!!! Well, I bought the WallyWorld EverStart Maxx.....group size 65. 850CCA, 1000 CA, 3 year free replacement and 9 year prorated replacement. It's made and distributed by Excide Technologies. The OEM batteries are 750CCA. I also bought an Everstart Marine deep cycle battery this spring for the trolling motor in my boat. I did a lot of fishing this year and used that deep cycle on the trolling motor a lot. Seemed like a good battery that's why I got the same for the truck and if something does happen, there are WallyWorlds all over the place (except around Mike) to get it replaced if need be!!!! We'll see how they hold up!!:shades:

Believe it or not I still have the OEM's in my 2001. I was thinking I may add new batteries sometime on 2010. How much did Wally World hit ya for?

$75.00 a piece with no disposal fee for the old batteries and with free installation!!!! $162.00 out the door!!!:thanks::thanks:Normally I'd buy them and install them myself, but I was at my parents, it was cold out, snowing and I had no place out of the weather to do it!!! I did check out a few other places, but the best I could do was about $95.00 a piece not counting disposal and installation!!!!:wow::eek::eek: My truck takes group size 65..........I believe the 2nd gens take a different group size IIRC.

While down at the P's for Christmas, I broke down and bought 2 new batteries for my truck while down there. The OEM's still seemed OK, but they were 5.5 years old and I wanted to not have a problem down the road or on the road with the old ones!!! Well, I bought the WallyWorld EverStart Maxx.....group size 65. 850CCA, 1000 CA, 3 year free replacement and 9 year prorated replacement. It's made and distributed by Excide Technologies. The OEM batteries are 750CCA. I also bought an Everstart Marine deep cycle battery this spring for the trolling motor in my boat. I did a lot of fishing this year and used that deep cycle on the trolling motor a lot. Seemed like a good battery that's why I got the same for the truck and if something does happen, there are WallyWorlds all over the place (except around Mike) to get it replaced if need be!!!! We'll see how they hold up!!:shades:

Wally world is where i have bought batteries for the last 10 years and never had a problem with.. Good batteries and easy to get.

When ever buying batteries always buy batteries with equal or more CCA's then from the factory. I have seen too many people buy the lower price and they work great when their is no load but as soon as winter hit they would come in for new ones.

Agreed!!!:thumbsup: I believe the OEM's on my 04.5 were rated at 750CCA. The new ones from WallyWorld are rated at 850CCA.