• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

engine running hot

hey there guys i was curious if any of you guys had any ideas y my water temp is running hotter then it ran like a week ago i changed my fan clutch and that helped but still isnt light it was when i first got the truck any ideas

Didn't the puke bottle debut in the 2000 model year? I was thinking thermostat maybe. I have had this happen in some tractors with 12 valve Cummins(5.9's and 6.7's) They start to run hotter than normal but never reach the red zone. Replaced the t-stat and returned to normal. On my truck it failed the other way, the truck never warmed up on my drive home work on a 85 degree day only reached 160.

Hey Mike, was there ever a TSB to get rid of the bottle? I bought my 98.5 From an elderly man (died at 86 and his son sold me the truck). He bought the truck new and had all the maintenance and repairs done at the dealer. Like I mentioned above, mine simply had a section of hose coming out of the breather.