• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Quadzilla Milage Max

Bugman123

I got a Quadzilla milage max this week and would like to know if anyone has been using it. i understand it is on some of the other Quadzilla programmers but i just got the Max. How much of an increase of MPG did anyone get with it. Also this is not to be used in California, Does it leave anything on the ECM so during the now smog checks will it show up after i have taken it back out? I will be tring mine out and will keep tab on milage.:neutral:

• Owner

Suggestion...

"Keep your boost below 5 PSI and Pyrometer below 600*F"

this will net you the most MPG's.

More boost mean less timing given at the VP44 because as boost pressure rises the auto-ignition point of the fuel lower making it early. Then also with more boost means more fuel being added so... More boost mean retarded timing and extra fuel being burnt.

Pyrometer just verifies this... More pyrometer temp the more fuel burnt...

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • Owner

Tell you the truth I seen where the bigger boxes like Edge Comp and Juice cranked up fully get more timing out there but its up to you to control the fuel flow with your foot. But if you use cruise a bit more and set for lower speeds you can see even more gains. The fact is the higher boost you run the less timing you'll see from ANY box. This will give you a clue... :smart:RPM increse to the right... MAP pressure increase from bottom up... http://forum.mopar1973man.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=663

Tried the quadzilla and the hypertech.Michael and others kept telling me to get the edge and tap the vp44 (I posted multiple similar posts). I decided to send both back as the quadzilla gave me no end of trouble with software updates etc (I work in IT so it was their end) - but they did have good technical support. Hypertech was ok - a little for HP at high end - but not much at low end and no MPG (or little). So I went for a drive with a local guy here in STL who showed me the edche power levels 1-5 - AMAZING. So now I bought one for $400. I'd suggest whta Michael said - may be go for a ride with someone that has an edge, and then look for one second hand. Can get the COMP boxes for around $300 and the juice with monitor for $400 - plus JKIDD (and others) do great deals on new ones. I can't speak from personal experience yet on the edge - but on having tried the other stuff and seen this other guys truck - well excited !!:)

• 8 months later...

I had to take the Milage Max out of the truck to get it smogged the other day. I did notice right off the bat a different in the way it ran without it in. Seam to run a little smoother without it, weird. I also notice a decrease in the milage, 17 from 19 highway speed with the cruise on. I put it all back together yesterday, that red clip is a booger to get to on map sensor, and went back to 19. Seen that the Dload for the upgrades are gone :cry:. Would like to have upgrade mine to the 75hp mode, any help?

Tried the quadzilla and the hypertech. Michael and others kept telling me to get the edge and tap the vp44 (I posted multiple similar posts). I decided to send both back as the quadzilla gave me no end of trouble with software updates etc (I work in IT so it was their end) - but they did have good technical support. Hypertech was ok - a little for HP at high end - but not much at low end and no MPG (or little). So I went for a drive with a local guy here in STL who showed me the edche power levels 1-5 - AMAZING. So now I bought one for $400. I'd suggest whta Michael said - may be go for a ride with someone that has an edge, and then look for one second hand. Can get the COMP boxes for around $300 and the juice with monitor for $400 - plus JKIDD (and others) do great deals on new ones. I can't speak from personal experience yet on the edge - but on having tried the other stuff and seen this other guys truck - well excited !! :)

OK look where for a used one? Ebay?

OK look where for a used one? Ebay?

Well the man below (jacob) will look after you - both on new and used where he has them. He has good prices too. You can also look on forums - I got mine from CumminsForum. Sometimes there are units here as well :) Ask around before you buy - I really like my juice. Others really like QUAD. There are others still - smarty/tst etc. Some come with gauges for monitoring core temps - tranny/egt and boost/fuel pressure etc And make sure your transmission can hold the power :banghead: