• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Zimmerman, then and now...

hex0rz

The rule of law has adminstered, so people will too, now. Zimmerman, acquited according to language of law. Its not ours to decide innocent or guilty.Yet, now as predicted we see, NOT, protestors, but RIOTERS. They call them protestors, but we can clearly see they are carrying actions out in a riot fashion. GO FIGURE... Whats even become more striking is what color of skin is doing it. Not being a racist, but observant.Needless to say, they are people who want a reason to cause destruction and really have no legitimate ties to the trial or family.What people will use for a scapegoat... :rolleyes:Time to lock n' load! :gun:

The rule of law has adminstered, so people will too, now. Zimmerman, acquited according to language of law. Its not ours to decide innocent or guilty. Yet, now as predicted we see, NOT, protestors, but RIOTERS. They call them protestors, but we can clearly see they are carrying actions out in a riot fashion. GO FIGURE... Whats even become more striking is what color of skin is doing it. Not being a racist, but observant. Needless to say, they are people who want a reason to cause destruction and really have no legitimate ties to the trial or family. What people will use for a scapegoat... :rolleyes: Time to lock n' load! :gun:

nothing racist about stating fact brother. the media is fueling a fire that didnt even need to be lit from the beginning. they will be the engineers of the riot stories they seek to cover by their own creation. im ready, downtown denver FNS-9 with 85 ready to fly to get me home.
  • Like 1

Imagine if there was a white version of Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson.....:duh:They demand "equality" yet act like a bunch of barbarians. Sad thing is this never would have went public if it was the other way around. Want proof? How about the white girl from Kentucky that was gang raped and murdered by a group of Hispanics the day after Trevon got shot? And then Obummers comments put the icing on the cake. "If I had a son, he'd be like Trevon" Yep, he'd be a thug, just like you Mr Prez.

I have followed this case with interest. My first statement was I hope GZ did it right as I see to many cases where firearms are deployed when they should not be. I think this is a tragedy all around. GZ is acquitted but will never be free. I know from my years as a Police Officer that often crimes are committed by those who have been there before, who had "legitimate reasons to be in a place or knew someone who did'. Acquaintances, friends of friends brought along to a party, delivery persons... and the list goes on... who use that knowledge to return for illegal purposes. It is entirely possible that TM might have been using his school suspension to scope out the neighborhood, or he might not... we'll never know. But one can not expel every person who DO have a legitimate reason to be there, just because they are looking around while walking down the sidewalk. They are, TM was, within his rights. I am reminded of my own actions when discovering re-enacting... walking around scoping out other's camp set ups so I could build my own. Mighty suspicious! I DO believe that (based on information not allowed into evidence) that TM decided HIS SOLUTION to a "WHITE CRACKER" following him, was violence. The non-admitted information of TM's interest in fighting, leads me to think he was at capable as he bragged of knocking a man down. Yes, I DO believe TM threw the first punch, knocking GZ down. TM had another choice to make... to break off the encounter & flee before GZ could even get up or continue the fight. I believe TM could not resist getting on top of GZ to pummel him further. Prior to the encounter, TM could had his phone in his hand. He could have called the Police himself. WHAT you say? Yes, TM could have called the Police on this guy following him. Responding officers would have collected names & information & sent both parties on their way.As a young kid, I did lots of snorkeling & scuba diving, often hiking into hard to reach spots. In my state, all properties extend ONLY to "Mean High Water" (high tide line). I reached the shore through a public access point & proceeded to hike with my equipment, in front of a private beach club. Someone came out & told me I was trespassing & threatened to call the Police. I told them to do so & they left because I was within my rights. The Police in this abutting community know the law as well as I did. Years later, as a uniformed Officer, I was assigned to protect private property with exactly these instructions. I know as a Police Officer, that any encounter, there is a gun present. MINE! And my partner's. Very many shootings of Police Officers happen with a snatched Police weapon. If an altercation becomes physical, an officer or CCW carrier will have his ability to fist fight & grapple with an opponent reduced because of the need to protect your weapon. I have had a tense stand off as a uniformed officer... thankfully, the uniform prevailed & the fair rules I was required to enforce... but had the person (I recognized him & knew he'd done hard time for attempted murder) moved on me in that instant before my mind processed the scene, he could have taken me. After the surge of adrenalin was past, I resolved if it became physical & we went to the floor, I was ready to rock my 357 out. Much like GZ. (The ending: the opponent sensed my resolve, laughed, chugged his last swallows & left the bar **)This tragedy was avoidable. Both parties played into the scenario that followed. ** The rest of the story is my opponent was later charged with a murder... ambushed a guy from behind striking him in the head with a brick... the victim died. My opponent fled before he could be arrested. He stayed on the lam until a number of years passed, a critical witness died & there could be no prosecution. Not a nice guy.additional: For all you CCW holders. Part of my training included lessons from prior officer deaths... some by edged weapons. One, a Calif Officer on a traffic enforcement trike... a nut case emerged at a distance, making a conspicuous disturbance. Advanced on the officer drew a knife & killed the officer with it. Officer never drew his pistol. Officer was stunned into inaction because the assailant had nothing to do with the officer... the assailant would have attacked any officer or public official he came across. Officer let the guy close on him. Didn't use the trike to keep space (got off on the assailant side, not the opposite). One just can not allow a potential assailant to get that close to a single officer.When we worked crowds, we were taught to stand back & keep distance for over all observation. Move quickly through a crowd if necessary. Get back up if an arrest seems likely.

• Like 2

I have followed this case with interest. My first statement was I hope GZ did it right as I see to many cases where firearms are deployed when they should not be. I think this is a tragedy all around. GZ is acquitted but will never be free.

I know from my years as a Police Officer that often crimes are committed by those who have been there before, who had "legitimate reasons to be in a place or knew someone who did'. Acquaintances, friends of friends brought along to a party, delivery persons... and the list goes on... who use that knowledge to return for illegal purposes. It is entirely possible that TM might have been using his school suspension to scope out the neighborhood, or he might not... we'll never know. But one can not expel every person who DO have a legitimate reason to be there, just because they are looking around while walking down the sidewalk. They are, TM was, within his rights.

I am reminded of my own actions when discovering re-enacting... walking around scoping out other's camp set ups so I could build my own. Mighty suspicious!

I DO believe that (based on information not allowed into evidence) that TM decided HIS SOLUTION to a "WHITE CRACKER" following him, was violence. The non-admitted information of TM's interest in fighting, leads me to think he was at capable as he bragged of knocking a man down. Yes, I DO believe TM threw the first punch, knocking GZ down. TM had another choice to make... to break off the encounter & flee before GZ could even get up or continue the fight. I believe TM could not resist getting on top of GZ to pummel him further.

Prior to the encounter, TM could had his phone in his hand. He could have called the Police himself. WHAT you say? Yes, TM could have called the Police on this guy following him. Responding officers would have collected names & information & sent both parties on their way.

As a young kid, I did lots of snorkeling & scuba diving, often hiking into hard to reach spots. In my state, all properties extend ONLY to "Mean High Water" (high tide line). I reached the shore through a public access point & proceeded to hike with my equipment, in front of a private beach club. Someone came out & told me I was trespassing & threatened to call the Police. I told them to do so & they left because I was within my rights. The Police in this abutting community know the law as well as I did.

Years later, as a uniformed Officer, I was assigned to protect private property with exactly these instructions.

I know as a Police Officer, that any encounter, there is a gun present. MINE! And my partner's. Very many shootings of Police Officers happen with a snatched Police weapon. If an altercation becomes physical, an officer or CCW carrier will have his ability to fist fight & grapple with an opponent reduced because of the need to protect your weapon.

I have had a tense stand off as a uniformed officer... thankfully, the uniform prevailed & the fair rules I was required to enforce... but had the person (I recognized him & knew he'd done hard time for attempted murder) moved on me in that instant before my mind processed the scene, he could have taken me. After the surge of adrenalin was past, I resolved if it became physical & we went to the floor, I was ready to rock my 357 out. Much like GZ. (The ending: the opponent sensed my resolve, laughed, chugged his last swallows & left the bar **)

This tragedy was avoidable. Both parties played into the scenario that followed.

** The rest of the story is my opponent was later charged with a murder... ambushed a guy from behind striking him in the head with a brick... the victim died. My opponent fled before he could be arrested. He stayed on the lam until a number of years passed, a critical witness died & there could be no prosecution. Not a nice guy.

additional: For all you CCW holders. Part of my training included lessons from prior officer deaths... some by edged weapons. One, a Calif Officer on a traffic enforcement trike... a nut case emerged at a distance, making a conspicuous disturbance. Advanced on the officer drew a knife & killed the officer with it. Officer never drew his pistol. Officer was stunned into inaction because the assailant had nothing to do with the officer... the assailant would have attacked any officer or public official he came across. Officer let the guy close on him. Didn't use the trike to keep space (got off on the assailant side, not the opposite). One just can not allow a potential assailant to get that close to a single officer.

When we worked crowds, we were taught to stand back & keep distance for over all observation. Move quickly through a crowd if necessary. Get back up if an arrest seems likely.

I thought GZ was of Hispanic descent?

I did not dwell on this case but what I did see of it there was not enough evidence to convict GZ of anything. Even some of the prosecution's witnesses corroborated GZ's story. I think both parties were guilty of bad judgement, and unfortunately one lost his life. But the system did work as it should. However Eric Holder is going to find a way to stick to GZ. Now thats the system working at the whim of a few people and will be a great injustice if they follow thru.

Family members are disagreeing with me on this... emotionally charged topic as Daughter is married to an African (from Cote d'Ivoire), a very smart man with 2 Masters degrees & numerous languages. (He's working contracted to US military teaching language & translating. Obviously not free to discuss details but has been working with the Seals). But he's black & their daughters are too. But I come back to the mental test... One we can never know the answer to. If one is beaten unconscious, loses control of his weapon, do you end up dead. Even though I had theoretically thought of this issue, when the flag flew (as Cooper would say) is one ready to act. I answered that question for myself... if it's going to be him or me, I'm prepared to do my best to make it him.

Family members are disagreeing with me on this... emotionally charged topic as Daughter is married to an African (from Cote d'Ivoire), a very smart man with 2 Masters degrees & numerous languages. (He's working contracted to US military teaching language & translating. Obviously not free to discuss details but has been working with the Seals). But he's black & their daughters are too. But I come back to the mental test... One we can never know the answer to. If one is beaten unconscious, loses control of his weapon, do you end up dead. Even though I had theoretically thought of this issue, when the flag flew (as Cooper would say) is one ready to act. I answered that question for myself... if it's going to be him or me, I'm prepared to do my best to make it him.

i will say this. having traveled to europe and a few other places, there is a HUGE and i mean massive difference between american blacks and human beings from africa or of african decent. never have i met a person of african decent outside of the us and not from the us behave as the thugs and gangbangers of america do. your daughter should recognize this difference, because i sure can. when people act like civilized human beings there is no color to me.

I think racism is driven by the "thugs and gangbangers" but at the same time the thugs and stuff have grown up that way because of racism. They think white people are against them and they become violent because of it and create all the drama seen in this case. So racism is driven from thugs, thugs are driven from racism, its a neverending circle that will probably go on for another 50 years.

In the aftermath of the acquittal of George Zimmerman, Eric Holder, Al Sharpton and Ben Jealous of the NAACP are calling on the black community to rise up in national protest.

Yet they know — and Barack Obama, whose silence speaks volumes, knows — nothing is going to happen.

"Stand-Your-Ground" laws in Florida and other states are not going to be repealed. George Zimmerman is not going to be prosecuted for a federal "hate crime" in the death of Trayvon Martin.

The result of all this ginned-up rage that has produced vandalism and violence is simply going to be an ever-deepening racial divide.

Consider the matter of crime and fear of crime.

From listening to cable channels and hearing Holder, Sharpton, Jealous and others, one would think the great threat to black children today emanates from white vigilantes and white cops.

Hence, every black father must have a "conversation" with his son, warning him not to resist or run if pulled over or hassled by a cop.

Make the wrong move, son, and you may be dead is the implication.

But is this the reality in Black America?

When Holder delivered his 2009 "nation-of-cowards" speech blaming racism for racial separation, Manhattan Institute's Heather Mac Donald suggested that our attorney general study his crime statistics.

In New York from January to June 2008, 83 percent of all gun assailants were black, according to witnesses and victims, though blacks were only 24 percent of the population. Blacks and Hispanics together accounted for 98 percent of all gun assailants. Forty-nine of every 50 muggings and murders in the Big Apple were the work of black or Hispanic criminals.

New York Police Commissioner Ray Kelly confirms Mac Donald's facts. Blacks and Hispanics commit 96 percent of all crimes in the city, he says, but only 85 percent of the stop-and-frisks are of blacks and Hispanics.

And these may involve the kind of pat-downs all of us have had at the airport.

Is stop-and-frisk the work of racist cops in New York, where the crime rate has been driven down to levels unseen in decades?

According to Kelly, a majority of his police force, which he has been able to cut from 41,000 officers to 35,000, is now made up of minorities.

But blacks are also, per capita, the principal victims of crime. Would black fathers prefer their sons to grow up in Chicago, rather than low-crime New York City, with its stop-and-frisk policy?

Fernando Mateo, head of the New York taxicab union, urges his drivers to profile blacks and Hispanics for their own safety: "The God's honest truth is that 99 percent of the people that are robbing, stealing, killing these drivers are blacks and Hispanics."

Mateo is what The New York Times would describe as "a black Hispanic" Yet he may be closer to the 'hood than Holder, who says he was stopped by police when running to a movie — in Georgetown.

Which raises a relevant question. Georgetown is an elitist enclave of a national capital that has been ruled by black mayors for half a century. It's never had a white mayor.

Is Holder saying we've got racist cops in the district where Obama carried 86 percent of the white vote and 97 percent of the black vote? And his son should fear the white cops in Washington, D.C.?

What about interracial crime, white-on-black attacks and the reverse?

After researching the FBI numbers for "Suicide of a Superpower," this writer concluded: "An analysis of 'single offender victimization figures' from the FBI for 2007 finds blacks committed 433,934 crimes against whites, eight times the 55,685 whites committed against blacks. Interracial rape is almost exclusively black on white — with 14,000 assaults on white women by African Americans in 2007. Not one case of a white sexual assault on a black female was found in the FBI study."

Though blacks are outnumbered 5-to-1 in the population by whites, they commit eight times as many crimes against whites as the reverse. By those 2007 numbers, a black male was 40 times as likely to assault a white person as the reverse.

If interracial crime is the ugliest manifestation of racism, what does this tell us about where racism really resides — in America?

And if the FBI stats for 2007 represent an average year since the Tawana Brawley rape-hoax of 1987, over one-third of a million white women have been sexually assaulted by black males since 1987 — with no visible protest from the civil rights leadership.

Today, 73 percent of all black kids are born out of wedlock. Growing up, these kids drop out, use drugs, are unemployed, commit crimes and are incarcerated at many times the rate of Asians and whites — or Hispanics, who are taking the jobs that used to go to young black Americans.

Are white vigilantes or white cops really Black America's problem?

Obama seems not to think so. The Rev. Sharpton notwithstanding, he is touting Ray Kelly as a possible chief of homeland security.

Patrick J. Buchanan is the author of "Suicide of a Superpower: Will America Survive to 2025?" To find out more about Patrick Buchanan and read features by other Creators writers and cartoonists, visit the Creators webpage at www.creators.com.

COPYRIGHT 2013 CREATORS.COM

- - - Updated - - -

I need to separate my own opinion here. The real problem is Gangs, Drugs & a black culture which promotes & glorifies wanna-be gangstas. When the self appointed black leaders push for blacks to get an education, go to work, earn their pay... I believe the problem will solve itself. Part of the problem... as the witness Jeantel could barely make herself understood... is a culture of ghetto speak which blocks any person from a good job. My opinion is the African American culture (and my black African s-i-l shares nothing besides skin color with African Americans) is the biggest obstacle to a multi-cultural America.

In my opinion "racism" will never fade as long as there is money to be made over it. Both the media and people like Sharpton/Jackson will keep stirring the pot and lining their pockets , regardless of the harm it causes. Unfortunately it grows like a infection, breeding more people who learn that if they play the discrimination card, they will have a free pass for their mis- deeds..