• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Fuel Boss lift pump?

My install went well with no issues. Nice quality system, good instructions - my fuel pressure doesn't fluxuate much. I see about 17 at idle and 18/19 @ 2k and @ WOT. I ran the tank lower than I usually do because I thought I would have to drop the tank and put in a draw straw, but with this system it wasn't necessary. I wasn't looking forward to dropping the tank. I called Richard on Sunday and left a message at his shop thinking he would return my call on Monday. I had a dumb question regarding the hobbs wiring harness and he returned my call within an hour - of course end user error on my side. Before I would see 10 at idle and 5 @ WOT with the factory set up. [ATTACH=CONFIG]6118[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]6119[/ATTACH]

Man that's awesome. :thumbup2: I wish my Assassin could do that... :banghead:

Isn't the Fuel Boss modeled off the Assasin?

Or is the Assassin modeled off of the Fuel Boss? :think: Either way, they're basically the same setup. I've tried a million things with the regulator, changed up the return, and I still can't get a good pressure span like y'all do. I could buy an expensive regulator, but I'm just gonna get a FASS when the money comes, and hopefully call it DONE...

Or is the Assassin modeled off of the Fuel Boss? :think: Either way, they're basically the same setup. I've tried a million things with the regulator, changed up the return, and I still can't get a good pressure span like y'all do. I could buy an expensive regulator, but I'm just gonna get a FASS when the money comes, and hopefully call it DONE...

That's really weird. I have been running my assassin for quite a while now and still maintain 14-15 at idle and 19-20 at throttle and 20-22 at wot. No issues. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
  • Like 1

Just wondering where the best place would be to put a tee inline to hook up a fuel pressure gauge. I'll be ordering the fuel boss as soon as glacier re-stocks them.It would seem to me that the true indicator of fuel pressure would be inline post filter before the VP.Opinions?Thanks

That's where I have mine. With it between the filter and vp you'll know if there are any problems from the filter back.

Ok, cool. I see a small section of rubber hose in the supply line - just above the power steering cap, think I'll put the tee there. Is that rubber hose factory setup? Or is it possible someone previously cut the steel supply line? How was it on your truck? Thanks

Mine had a short length of rubber hose between the canister and the VP from the factory. Still have it.

Maybe it was a change added in 2002? The hose is short on mine, only about 2" long with a couple of factory looking squeezie-spring style clamps. I havent taken mine apart yet but I guess if there is a factory type hose barb/bump on the end of the steel lines to hold the hose on, well that could be tell tale factory. Regardless, it sure looks like the perfect place to insert a Tee with a npt fitting to hook up a pressure guage. It's a really small section though and I'm thinking I'll have to cut it some to fit a decent Tee. Did you put a Tee in there dripley?

I have a mechanical gauge in the cab. The needle valve serves 2 purposes. 1 is to protect the gauge from the pulses the VP puts out. It is barely cracked open. This is its primary purpose. 2 if for some reason the gauge were to start leaking I can shut it off until I can fix it.