• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

1920's Dodge - Oil Field Dodge Promotion

• Owner

Impressive!!! Name one car that could do that today...

What's impressive is this little car with what 3" wide tires swimming through mud and everything does just fine. But now today trucks even NEEDS 12" wide 37" tall tires to just drive to the store on pavement. :duh: I think its awesome a vehicle built so tough it can be rolled over on its roof and righted again driven off again.
  • Like 1

What's impressive is this little car with what 3" wide tires swimming through mud and everything does just fine. But now today trucks even NEEDS 12" wide 37" tall tires to just drive to the store on pavement. :duh:

I don't know of a newer 4WD that could do what that car did in the mud with STOCK equipment!

You all need to come tour our mine when it rains and snows to see your daily mud running just like the video.As far as the tires they probably had to change and patch half dozen tires in that film strip.The had to go over all the way because it was down hill.They never showed it pulling itself out of the ditch towards the end.Wonder what the EPA would do if they saw a newly drilled well blow like that now days with everyone standing and watching it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lmao::wow:

You all need to come tour our mine when it rains and snows to see your daily mud running just like the video. As far as the tires they probably had to change and patch half dozen tires in that film strip. The had to go over all the way because it was down hill. They never showed it pulling itself out of the ditch towards the end. Wonder what the EPA would do if they saw a newly drilled well blow like that now days with everyone standing and watching it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lmao::wow:

I've seen it happen by accident with a blowout. The e&p company cleaned it up, but the old Norwegian farmer laughed and said "as long as ya keep sendin me dem checks, I don't care what ya do with dis tree acres!" I also don't think that well in the vid is a new drill. they have a wellhead and valve on it. I think they just opened it up and let it blow.

What's impressive is this little car with what 3" wide tires swimming through mud and everything does just fine. But now today trucks even NEEDS 12" wide 37" tall tires to just drive to the store on pavement. :duh: I think its awesome a vehicle built so tough it can be rolled over on its roof and righted again driven off again.

Consider the variables in the equation though. Weight, center of gravity, geometry's, etc. A skinnier tire will give more traction in such a case as well. Tread design was probably not much to speak of then, but a smaller profile tire means more weight in a smaller area.