• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Just upgraded from a Raptor 100 to an AD ll-165. WOW, this puts out some pressure!

Well guys,PureFlow sent me a upgraded replacement for my third failed Raptor 100, and before someone asks yes I did have to pay some extra. For me its worth it as hopefully now I have a reliable truck. The last two raptors died on the road and I had to limp the truck home, and one time it cost me a VP-44. Now I have a newly overhauled VP which runs better than any that I have had before and want to keep it that way. That said, just got the AD ll in and running and cannot believe the difference! The old raptor-100 did fine and held a good 21 psi or so but it did not respond like this one does. That said, PF told me that the pump that I have on the truck now is the same one that they use on semi-trucks and industrial power units, so should handle the Cummins in the Dodge just fine. As well I like having the filters... This AD ll gets pressure up immediately (the raptor took a second or so) and is set from the factory at 25 psi at idle. Have driven it up and down the street but nothing else so no idea what WOT pressures are just yet. Just could not believe how fast this puppy puts out pressure!A question for the group. At this time the VP-44 seems to run fine with 25 psi but isnt that a bit high on pressure? Should I back things down to 20 or so or what do you guys think I should be running? Thx,FT

My first Airdog blew on me in 9 months. Seals for the pump went out. They replaced it no questions asked. Have the new one in now for over 1 1/2 years now, no problem. I think I've got their revised design.

Anthony, Thanks and lets hope that they are learning with experience. The pump that they sent me is just a bit different from the one in the photos on the web, so hoping that they are tweaking it as they get more of them out in the field and that reliability keeps getting better. Dave, Sure hope so as well! Thx, FT

What type of gauge you reading pressure with? My electronic glowshift is about 3+lbs off when its anything off idle, I put a mechanical gauge on with my airdog2 165 and it holds 18psi with my setup at full throttle

Am using an Edge w/Attitude for the pressures. It was checked once a long time ago with a gauge and was spot on then, so doubt that anything has changed in its readings. Also the entire unit was sent back to Edge for upgrades about 2 years ago so assuming that they did their internal checks on the unit at that time.

If the sender is bad, it will feed a bad signal to the Edge monitor.

Agreed but this unit has been checked and is accurate.

Just cut the spring down and its now showing 19 psi, so at least now I have some room for adjustment.

- - - Updated - - -

Update, the pump is now sitting at 19 psi at idle and 90% of the time I am driving, at any speed or throttle position.

WOT the pump sometimes goes down to 17 psi, but usually stays at 18 psi, so should not have any fuel pressure issues in the future!