• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

High idle

Just got back from a dodge dealer I went there to have my 2001 2500 high idle unlocked it is an automatic...the dealer first told me they could do it the put it in the shop... I leave and get a call from them saying that they couldn't unlock it beings it's an automatic and they claim they called Chrysler and they told them the option isn't available for the automatics....is this bs or true. Pretty sure I have seen it done before and if it can be done with a power chip why wouldn't it be possible with out one on the computer?

Just got back from a dodge dealer I went there to have my 2001 2500 high idle unlocked it is an automatic...the dealer first told me they could do it the put it in the shop... I leave and get a call from them saying that they couldn't unlock it beings it's an automatic and they claim they called Chrysler and they told them the option isn't available for the automatics....is this bs or true. Pretty sure I have seen it done before and if it can be done with a power chip why wouldn't it be possible with out one on the computer?

...because its the dealership. :rolleyes: I was fortunate enough to go to a diesel products place and they had a smarty sitting on the guys desk. Told him about it and he done it just to prove to himself that it was possible! :lol: Just find a place or person with a smarty... even if you paid them $10 to do it, you are still miles ahead of the stealership! BTW, mine is an AUTO! Mike has a manual and his is on as well. It does not matter what tranny it is.

Funny how most dealers know very little about flashing ECM/PCM beyond the standard updates.

Its also amazing how many dealerships dont know what the heck they are doing either. Went down to get the ECM reflashed after that bad superchip flash that I had. They ended up flashing the PCM instead and told me the PCM and ECM are the same unit!!!!

Funny how most dealers know very little about flashing ECM/PCM beyond the standard updates.

Also funny that most won't admit that they don't know whats up with the trucks and just make it up and muck it up.

• Owner

Not to hijack but I'm getting on my soap box now... :soap: My big problem is Corporate America beating into everyones head that you must have a degree or certification in the jobs you want to do. Yeah... I've got a ITT Tech degree for Computer and Electronics today it completely worthless paper. Technology has moved on what I was trained for is no longer even used.(Transistor FM radios and TV you could actually repair, not to mention the first IBM 8088 processor. http://www.linkedin.com/in/mopar1973man Ok. Now as for the diesel realm I've never been to school for it in my life. I've got no certifications or degrees or education in diesel engines. But I make a living here locally working on vehicles gas or diesels. Not to mention the web site and all you looking for information. So here you are talking and getting information about you truck from a guy that is NOT a certified ASE tech but knows more about Dodge Trucks than most dealers do. What's funny I've actually had a few Dodge dealer tech's actually call me looking for information because the problem they have is not in the Dodge FSM and he can't figure out how to fix it. Strange eh?! I'm climbing down off my soap box now. :whistle:

• Like 2

Not to hijack but I'm getting on my soap box now... :soap: My big problem is Corporate America beating into everyones head that you must have a degree or certification in the jobs you want to do. Yeah... I've got a ITT Tech degree for Computer and Electronics today it completely worthless paper. Technology has moved on what I was trained for is no longer even used.(Transistor FM radios and TV you could actually repair, not to mention the first IBM 8088 processor. http://www.linkedin.com/in/mopar1973man Ok. Now as for the diesel realm I've never been to school for it in my life. I've got no certifications or degrees or education in diesel engines. But I make a living here locally working on vehicles gas or diesels. Not to mention the web site and all you looking for information. So here you are talking and getting information about you truck from a guy that is NOT a certified ASE tech but knows more about Dodge Trucks than most dealers do. What's funny I've actually had a few Dodge dealer tech's actually call me looking for information because the problem they have is not in the Dodge FSM and he can't figure out how to fix it. Strange eh?! I'm climbing down off my soap box now. :whistle:

LOL Same here. Worked for a major corporation working on the fleet sales cars. These cars would have 100K + on them in 2 years. The local dealerships would be calling me to ask what's wrong with their cars. LMAO!!! The dealer would only see 20-30K in 2 years. I was finding all the problems wayyyy before they did.
  • Like 1

Spent some time making calls looking for someone with a smarty to unlock the high idle and come up with nothing... So I called back the dealer that said they couldn't unlock the high idle for me last Friday and told them there full of it to put it nicely they then forwarded me to the service manager and told him the problem I was having with other employees...he comes back and says it is possible and they do it all the time...so this Friday I have to make another 90 mile round trip back to dealer to have it done I will be taking the instructions on how to unlock it with me and will not be leaving without it unlock...not very happy they didn't take the time the first time to use all the resources they have to make a satisfied customer but at least I will get it done