• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

quad adrenaline question

volkswagon

I'm planning on getting a quad adrenaline with pulse as soon as my bank account allows and I'm wondering if the high idle works good. Or should I be doing a manual setup like I found on this forum?

You will like the Quadzilla Adrenaline w/ Pulse, I don't think we have ever had a complaint about it. (unless it was from the guy in a stock truck trying to keep up :cry2:) Let me know if we can help. Thanks, Kenny 352-636-0812

• Owner

Remember you don't get the 3 cylinder high idle with the quadzilla... this where the serious heat is created and will warm up a engine rapidly on a super cold day. Where high idle itself does help but doesn't create enough virtual loading to create heat... Here is a simple temp I clipped from the High idle page to show the differeences... This is cold start with approximately 25*F-30*F outside temperature and the loading was measure with a ScanGauge II.

Edited by Mopar1973Man

Yes but you cant turn it on or adjust it without the pulse. p.s. love the adrenaline!!! but the pulse leaves a lot to be desired!Just got mine back after a month at quad because the screen wouldn't display numbers in temps under 55%. after 40 bucks and a new screen it works better but still not perfect.

Yes but you cant turn it on or adjust it without the pulse. p.s. love the adrenaline!!! but the pulse leaves a lot to be desired!Just got mine back after a month at quad because the screen wouldn't display numbers in temps under 55%. after 40 bucks and a new screen it works better but still not perfect.

Hey, Then it doesn't work without the Pulse!!!:sad4: Oh well I like my Edge Comp!!!!!:razz: Later, Winslow

• Owner

Just to verify you can't have 3 cylinder high idle with the pulse correct? :confused:

Hey, Then it doesn't work without the Pulse!!!:sad4: Oh well I like my Edge Comp!!!!!:razz: Later, Winslow

That was my point lol!

Just to verify you can't have 3 cylinder high idle with the pulse correct? :confused:

I haven't had an issue with that like some people. I have the flash from the smarty for the 3 cyl high idle,and I have the adrenaline set at 2 minutes for the high idle to come on. It works like this for me, cold enough temps for 3 cyl high idle to come on, it does and thats it. If not cold enough then just the adrenaline goes to high idle. Never had an issue.

I was at a diesel shop today and the guy said he'd had customers get dodge to de-activate their high idle because of the 3 cylinder part. Talked about concerns of cylinders running dry etc. Is this a valid concern? Seems to me dodge wouldn't put it in there if it was a problem. I hope it's ok cuz i love the sound of it!

I was at a diesel shop today and the guy said he'd had customers get dodge to de-activate their high idle because of the 3 cylinder part. Talked about concerns of cylinders running dry etc. Is this a valid concern? Seems to me dodge wouldn't put it in there if it was a problem. I hope it's ok cuz i love the sound of it!

Hey, I've never heard of a problem with the 3 cylinder high idle!! It was installed my Cummins, but Dodge opted not to use it!!:wink: I don't see how they would run dry?????:confused: Later, Winslow