• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Cold start problems

So I went on vacation this weekend and had to leave the truck at the airport. No way to plug it in. I have known for a while that the batteries were getting a little weak but like a :banghead: I figured I could squeeze one more trip out of them. When I got back last night it was a toasty -7* F in Fargo, ND. Batteries didn't have enough juice to crank her over. Had a guy give me a jump and we finally got it started after a couple of times worth of cranking a few seconds, let the batteries recharge, run the grids. Now the check engine light is on. Gonna go by a autozone or something and use a scanner. Ill post what I find. I got some new batteries today so I shouldn't have a problem anymore hopefully:pray: Didn't have a CEL before I parked it there for the weekend so I'm interested to find out what codes are hiding in there. I was gonna use the key trick but I wanna see EVERYTHING that's in there. Ill keep ya posted....

When I replace the batteries this weekend I am planning on checking/cleaning the ground connections. Sounds like I might be having a bad connection somewhere. I am not sure there is anything that would link these codes apart from bad grounds maybe. Thanks for that code info!!

- - - Updated - - -

When I replace the batteries this weekend I am planning on checking/cleaning the ground connections. Sounds like I might be having a bad connection somewhere. I am not sure there is anything that would link these codes apart from bad grounds maybe. If the Comp was malfunctioning could it affect any of these??

- - - Updated - - -

Don't know why that happened^^^^ I am just hoping I don't have an ECM issue :pray::spend: