• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Stock Lift Pump/Fuse Question

I dont think I could have gotten 1/2" fuel line to mine in the A pillar. Wher is your fuel gauge located?

I put mine on the dash just above heter control, it was supposed to be next to windshield but I didn't like it there. Had to take dash cover off anyway to fix doges crappy plastic dash. Everything went together pretty easy once I figured out how to pull dash out.

I'd never run 1/2" line into the cab even for a gauge. Maybe tiny 1/8" line on a needle valve when it would most likely only drip if it broke open 1/2" would be like a flood. I'd highly reconsider that...

A crap,:doh: i forgot to mention that my 1/8 line runs through 1/2 line, the 1/2" is just a drain tube in case there is a leak at the gauge.

Just wanted to do a quick update.  I got back from my 2000 mile road trip the other day.  Fuel Boss performed flawlessly.  16 pounds of fuel pressure at idle and it runs 19-20 going down the road depending on what rpm you are running.  By the way I unplugged the lead to the stock lift pump before I left and it never tripped the CEL

I did have two problems with the truck on the trip, not related to the Fuel Boss, though.  Before I left the fuel gauge had a small leak and I determined the nut wasn't tight enough.  I tightened it and the leak went away.  There were no leaks from the fuel gauge MOST of the trip.  I was about 350-400 miles from home (on the return leg) and the gauge started making a wierd buzzing noise.  I figured maybe it was just the gauge pod rattling against the a-pillar. 

Low and behold I was wrong and fuel started leaking from the gauge in several places.  I might have smoked my gauge.  I have a needle valve under the hood, just like everyone seems to run.  I followed Michael's you tube video about having it only slightly cracked open.  Problem was, when it was only "slightly cracked open" it would take almost 30 seconds for the fuel pressure gauge to get from 0 up to 16 pounds, whether the truck was warm or cold.  I cracked it open slightly more and the gauge would rise from 0-16 pounds in about 9 to 10 seconds.  I figured that was acceptable.  Maybe I had it open too far and smoked my gauge, not sure.

The other problem I have was also fuel related.  The stock steel return line that goes from the back of the VP44 to the tank decided to start leaking. I'll probably post a new thread about that.  Thanks.

Edited by 24Vdodge

I might have to agree on the gauge going bad. I have had mine on for about 2 years and have it adjusted to read full pressure in about 1 to 2 seconds. It still reads good today, 

I will be interested in why or where your return is leaking. Look forward to your new thread on the subject.