• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

air filter question

No it shouldn't... But I suggest against any washable media filters.

Does this really include the DRY FLOW Filters??I was debating the AEM dry flow filter W/cloth case. I do not like the oil filters. Mine came with a K&N and I am intending on either getting a dry flow or going to a stock air box which may be fun to find as there is not one in the truck...

Any of the dry media filters should work fine.  Many of the Cummins conversions (drop Cummins into other make vehicles) do use a BHAF (Big Honking Air Filter) directly on the turbo.  BHAF is a term we use for any of the large filters that will fit directly on the air intake tube. 

The oiled media filters... invented for gas engine race cars to keep birds out of the intake...  just don't filter well enough for diesels & the oil can cause big problems as well.  I wish I'd known before I wasted my money on one...  but I got it off before it oiled my turbo or dusted my cylinders. 

The stock airbox can leak & let dust in but if properly sealed has enough flow to support considerable HP upgrade. I believe the filters with deep pleats from later model trucks will fit the earlier housings fine & have more surface area.   

The AFE dry filter elements are very high quality and if used with an outer wear slip over to keep the corn cobs and grasshoppers out of the media pleats will last forever. No washing just blow it out a couple times a year and go, the media is of a design that air from a gun won't damage it, it was designed to stand up to this and live forever.

Edited by Wild and Free