• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Flashing wait to start light

no the glow plugs in the cylinders. this is what creates heat in the cylinder to cause ignition of the fuel. if there is not enough heat then there is no ignition. the grid heater only heats incoming air not the head. 

The cummins engine does NOT use glow plugs.

• Owner

hmm, guess that is why it was not mentioned and I could not find them in the FSM. So much to learn about this truck!!

No glow plugs in a cummins only intake heater

Correct the grid heater is right there on the manifold and it creates temperatures as high as 480-500*F to start a cold Cummins engine. It draws 95 Amps per grid heater being there is 2 elements in the grid heater you can draw 190 Amps total during a cold start.

no the glow plugs in the cylinders. this is what creates heat in the cylinder to cause ignition of the fuel. if there is not enough heat then there is no ignition. the grid heater only heats incoming air not the head. 

There are no glow plugs in the 24V

• Like 1

I know nothing about the company you posted. My nightmare with ECM's started with a company named ASI. All ECM's sold today are remans. The dodge on I got 2 years ago is still working fine. The 2 I got from ASI, 1 did not work at all and #2 lasted almost 1 year. The cruise control did not work at all.

• Owner

Got a good update for y'all. I was doing some more poking around with the truck and did the apps ground mod from suncoast converters and truck is up and running. No flashing wait to start light. I have no clue why it worked but it did.

Should not have to do the APPS ground wire mod. Also if this is correcting the WAIT TO START issue you have a bad ground for the ECM.