• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Need Help Asap With Airdog

It seems like the big problem is in the seal of the pump, or maybe the design of the pump, that fails and allows fuel to leak into the mormortar and either kills the motor or causes loss of prime and hard starts when the truck sits for a while. The motors on the Raptors are identical to the AD100 and you don't hear of many issues with them or the 150.

My Raptor motor mounted to AD100 pumppost-879-0-20458800-1392326503_thumb.jpgpost-879-0-20458800-1392326503_thumb.jpg

• Staff

Make sure you have free flowing fuel from the tank because the in tank screens can clog at the bottom and there is another white plastic cylinder shaped filter w/ screens inside the bottom of the canister. It has a stock fuel line coming out the top. This small filter, about 4 inches long, just unsnaps and fits in the garbage can real nice. It kinda looks like it's part of the canister bottom but, it does unsnap easily. Add your own pre lift pump filter to keep the pump fresh.

If you get this far, make sure you got 1/2 inch lines all the way with the 1/2'' draw straw as well. These things make the pump not work so hard.

Then make sure you don't have the tank vent problem where no air can get to the tank causing a vacuum and making pump work extra hard.

• 1 month later...

i would like to clarify....pureflow guys in jefferson city, mo were very kind and friendly(the one's up north, Illinois i think, not so much). the guy i dealt with from MO was named Jeremy. he seemed knowledgeable and seemed like he wanted to get my truck back on the road asap. i did have a lifetime warranty, so all i paid for was shipping both ways...$17 to go from okc to jefferson city and $13 for the return trip. the airdog 150 is still going strong after they repaired it. they claimed to have flow tested it before sending it back to ensure it meets all their specs. i would recommend this product to anyone i with a diesel truck. i have been running fleetguard stratopore FF5613 filters and a baldwin BF1275 water seperator after the airdog originals needed replacing. mine is one of the 1st installation kits that required drilling the tank for the original designed draw straw. i have had my airdog for 5yrs or longer before this problem sprouted up.

on a slightly different note...my truck rolled 215,000 miles yesterday. if memory serves, i purchased this truck from the original owner with 87,000 on it. oils for the motor, trans, diff, filters, and the 1 bent push rod....thats pretty much the only "work" that has been done to this truck while i've owned it. the farmer that i purchased from stated that he had to have the dana 80 worked on due to the pinion bearing dieing. so what a great truck!