• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Drilling Turbine Housing For Cylinders 1,2,3

My turbine housing is cracked/frozen and needs to be replaced. While I have the turbo apart, is it worth drilling through the center section of the turbine housing to wastegate the first 3 cylinders? Any downside? Thanks guys

maybe it's gate the last 3 cylinders

Edited by CTcummins24V

I just found ISX's old thread about this from 2011 and the verdict is leave it alone for low end exhaust pulse. If gating all 6 cylinders was beneficial holset and every other turbo manufacturer would probably do it from the factory. There were some interesting points about turbulence and the HY undivided vs the HX divided housing. I will say this, the 12cm divided housing flows a lot better and higher in the rpms than the undivided 9cm housing. You veterans must be sick of hearing the same questions over and over

That is exactly what makes this place what it is. Freely shared info for who ever wants it. Sure some of it is repetitive, but tell that to whoever is needing help and you have "Just use the search button, it has been discussed many times". It has also allowed me to pass these things on to others and the more knowledgeable to tackle bigger things. Though most any one here will try to answer any ones questions. Great place to learn and educate at the same time.

I did it...idk if there is any difference.  I'm going to say no.  It is there to keep the pulses separate between 123/456 but as Mike stated, the housing entrance isn't divided on the HY so it's a wash.  The pulses help low end spool up supposedly so it would be a good thing to keep them separate, but I really don't think it made much difference on my HX, even with everything being divided.  I would leave it alone..