• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Life style change

• 4 weeks later...

Update since it has been almost a month since I started this thread and  a few days past 4 months since the quest began.

Last week I did another body composition test and was impressed. weighed in at 235 and my frame to muscle mass weight ratio is now perfect and I went from 80 lbs of excess inflammation / fat down to now at 15 lbs extra, this in 2.5 months between tests.

Scaled the last couple days at 231 so officially now at 50 lbs lost in 4 months, the last month has been harder as I have been traveling a lot for work and in a ton of seminars and meetings so have not been as active throughout the days but have managed to get my half hour daily workouts in so the weight loss has slowed a bit the last month but as of this week it was back to a normal schedule again.

Goal is to get to a solid 225 and then start a different workout program to build a bit of muscle in the mid section and back and long term is to hold at under 230. should be there within the next month. :hyper:

I feel awesome and my back has never felt so good in the last 20 years now that I lost the 50 lb feed bag that was weighing me down up front. :thankyou:

• Like 4

• 4 months later...

Almost 9 months and I have given birth to a whole new me, I am down 78-80 lbs and holding steady at the 202-203# mark for the last couple weeks, I never knew how big I was and that it would have even been possible to drop this much weight in less than 9 months. :wow:  I even broke my elipticle a couple weeks ago after putting a little over 700 miles on it in 8 months so waiting on new parts to come so I tried jogging and was able to do 3 miles non stop and have now been doing about 4 miles every day for a couple weeks now and a friend gave me a total gym and I now do about 15 minutes with it daily as well. I have never been in this good of shape in my life even in high school. Feels awesome. I did my first 5K run with my wife last weekend and did a 28:34 minute run and that was half uphill against the wind at 50* f so not too bad for only having been running for a few days before trying it.

I have gone grain free and this has made a huge difference, everyone thinks I look 10+ years younger. Relatives who have not seen me in some time don't hardly recognize me. My wife is loving it more than me I think. :hyper:

Anyone wanting to change their life for the better needs to cut out all wheat and products containing wheat from your diet. I have sat through several seminars and read several books in the last few months and it is mind boggling the difference it has made in my life as it has in others, I am working on some of my family members to cut out wheat.

All need to read the book by Dr. William Davis called "Wheat belly". I guarantee it will change your life for the best as it has me. Wheat consumption can and has been tied to almost every health condition of modern times and by cutting it out can eliminate many health issues in a short period of time.

http://www.wheatbellyblog.com/

Another great red about the history of wheat and grains and why it kills our health is "Ancient Einkorn Today's Staff of Life" written by D Gary Young.

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22918039-ancient-einkorn-today-s-staff-of-life

Normal diet other than cutting out grain and most junk products that have wheat byproducts in them which is almost every thing on the shelf anymore and cutting WAY WAY back on my dairy intake, lots of nuts "other than peanuts Which are legumes and not nuts anyhow and need to be limited because of high 'bad fat' content", eggs meat cheese vegetables and some fruits although fruit needs to be limited to keep sugar intake under control and berries which are better and have less sugar than fruit.

Wife and I eat and cook whole foods back to basic single ingredients made from scratch foods from non GMO organic supplies like our own garden and local farmers markets and a local grocery with an awesome health food section in it. and do not buy anything processed and or most packaged commercial products. One has to stay away from any and all starches like corn ,rice, barley wheat ect.

It all comes down to the lie of whole grains being healthy which they are not but are being pushed as such by the gov, fda, usda and all health advocates.

One must read the book wheat belly to learn all about it. I could type all day and not scratch the surface of why to go grain free.

The human body was never meant to eat the seeds from grass plants we are natural foragers and most of our intake needs to be protein and not carbs from whole grains as all entities try and force us to believe now days and it especially bad as most grains are genetically modified to the point our bodies can not properly break it down be it natural genetically altered through hybridizing or mans intervention in lab GMO franken foods now days.. 

Cattle have 4 rumens to eat and break down the grass itself not the seeds of the grass plants such as corn oats barley and all the other stuff fed to them in place of grass now days.

• 3 months later...

Update!

New personal achievement.

Today marks the one year mark of working out every single day for a year without missing a single day. Did 1/2 hour a day on ellipticle for 7 months and then it broke down and the next day I did about an hour of floor exercises which didn't do it for me so the next day I tried my hand at running, did 3 miles non stop first day and ran everyday for the next  3-4 months  and averaged 3.5 - 5 miles a day until winter set in now back to ellipticle and running when weather allows. Plus I added a strength routine to my daily regiment to tone up a bit and have been exercising 1.5 hours a day everyday for about 4 months now, a friend gave me an old total gym which I have been using the heck out of for about 15-20 minutes everyday.

Had my latest Blood panel and BMI and all was perfectly normal and my BMI was almost perfect as well, My DR said I have the best BMI of any patient over 40 years old he has seen in his practice, pretty good considering the first BMI in January showed I was 90 lbs over weight and I got it to within 5+- lbs of text book perfect in less than a year.

Wife is so proud of me and is happy to finally have a running partner as well but she is now on edge because after 6 years of running full and half marathons I have finished the last two 5k races only 2 seconds behind her lol. last 5k I did 24 minutes 30 sec. Not bad for only having been running for 4 months if I do say so myself.

Started this last year at 282 and am a solid 202 and holding for the last couple months, but I have converted the last bit of fat to muscle with the new routine which I needed to do as is normal when one loses that much weight I lost some muscle mass with it as my BMI from a few months back showed but I made that back up once I started the resistance routine with my daily cardio be it ellipticle or running.

It is fun when someone who hasn't seen me for a long time see me, they do double and triple takes and some need to hear my voice to know it is really me. Some ask if I am sick or have something wrong with me as I have always been a big man ever since college. I am now back to my high school pant and cloths size again and it feels great although it cost me a fortune in cloths. Went from a tight double extra lovely "2XXL" shirt size to medium and large in some and a screaming tight 38 pant size to a comfortable 34 now.

• Owner

Congrads W&F... You dropped a lot of weight. I'm not far behind you I typically bounce up to 210-215 in the winter time. But come summer I drop again to 205 realm. I remember the days of being a bit overweight and heading to 235 pounds. I know what you mean about screaming tight jeans and low energy.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Update, Just went in for another blood panel and BMI and I have improved yet some more since my last test in November, lost another litre of extra cellular fluid and weighed in @ 195 this morning. 17.4% body fat which is perfect for a person my age who is active and fit.

Replaced about 10 lbs of fat with muscle and now have 1 pound more muscle 81 lbs weight than my body frame weight of 80 lbs which is also as good as it gets according to the DR. Not to shabby for a 44 year old. Still have not missed a single day of exercising since January 10 2014 and still going. Do a combo of running, elipticle and resistance work using nothing but incline and my own body weight on a total gym a friend donated to me.

Will get my blood panel results the end of next week to see where I am at there or if anything has changed, I was doing great in Nov when I did my last one everything was perfectly healthy and normal, I suspect all is the same there but that is why one needs to do it yearly to catch things before they do develop.

Still eating a clean grain free diet which is easy for me now, have no interest or cravings at all for baked goodies once I detoxed myself from them.

I am not seeing the chiro nearly at all anymore also, at my worst I was going every week if not twice a week for a couple years and now am going maybe every 4-6 weeks for minor tune ups, no major pains like before when I was obese.

• Like 1

• Owner

I get all the resistance training I want typically. Push, pull dragging firewood rounds once home to get cut up and then split up and loaded to be stacked up. Plenty bending and stooping.

As for weighing myself got a shocker when I weigh fully dress with my utility belt vs. just underwear. I pack at least another 15 pounds just on my pants/belt between flashlight, radio, multi-tool, and my 9mm pistol (when carrying). More resistance training. I kind of wish my old buddy was around yet. We use to head out hiking in the spring of the year when it was cool and walk with our day packs on our back weighing in at another 30 or so pounds plus with my utility belt on too. This was not on a road mind you but just up a mountain for fun.

Just a small comment about losing weight and the diet aspect. 

Jen has struggled with stomach issues for awhile, one step to getting it under control was diet changes.   We made the choice to go to the meat and veggie only diet.  I loved it, I could honestly eat as much as I wanted and I was still losing a ton of weight.  I was at #205 6'3" I think after a month I was down to #190 with 0 changes to lifestyle.  It is amazing how much better the body does without the typical american food diet.  

Anyways good work W&F that's a huge victory.

• Like 1

What I am doing is along the lines of the paleo diet which is clean natural eating "whole foods" not processed or boxed crap, the way humans were meant to eat in the first place....grain free. I am not true paleo as I still eat dairy, true paleo diet is totally dairy free as well as grain free, I eat lots of cheese and ice cream on occasion and still cook with real butter occasionally but cut out the milk and dairy creamers at the start and switched to almond milk and coconut creamers which are just as good if not better tasting so it was an easy substitution.

Main thing we live by now is If your food comes from a package and has an ingredient list it is probably not good for you. Eat whole single ingredient raw natural foods and cook with spices, its lots of fun trying new thing all the time.

One thing to remember about our medical and insurance system and our for profit society, "THERE IS NO MONEY IN HEALTHY PEOPLE"!. The medical and food industry are only in it to get you addicted, sick and into the system and keep you in the system. They never treat a single issue to cure it which there is a natural cure for everything on the planet they only treat specific symptoms of the issue with drugs that cause other side affects for which they pick the next issue to treat another symptom and it keeps rolling from there.

Look at the big picture. the same companies pushing and developing the GMO crops are the same companies who are developing the drugs to treat the illnesses of the result of eating the grains.

Syngenta develops crops and drugs.

bayer crop sciences, develops gmo crops and the drugs to treat the ill..................see a pattern here

FOLLOW THE MONEY AND SEE THE BIG PICTURE.  Look at how they are making it illegal to collect rain water and have your own gardens all over the country taking away your ability to eat clean fresh healthy foods again look at the big picture folks.

The mega chemical and drug companies are the heavy hitter lobbiests in our government and pretty much write their own laws for their benefit now days. The new TPP trade agreement was an extension of this and pretty much handed over total control of our gov to the mega corps to now do as they please.

• Like 1

Agree'd

It is the best time of the year when the garden is producing.  Just harvested my Garlic yesterday.  Rainbarrel laws be damned :shifty: We almost got it passed here to have them legal, but at the last minute something caused it to fail.....Gee I wonder.

• Owner

Like Mopar Mom is starting her own indoor garden. We've been enjoying home grown tomatoes. Now I've picked up some bell peppers and other herbs now too. Kind of the reason for the desk change so we had more room in the living room for our indoor garden. Small but producing. As for junk food we are not buying potato chips and mostly good wholesome food here too. MoparMom is the kitchen guru. As for meats I'm the picky one there I'm more in favor of our local butcher here in the valley than store bought meat better quality. also we can buy Elk meat as well. So I'll say we are not as tight diet wise as you but eating better than 90% of the public.

• Like 1

My wife and I are back on our diet. Lost 18# in a couple months. Need to loose 45# before they'll do my hip surgery.

I never went on a diet, I think along the lines of dieting being  a temporary thing, once one loses weight through a diet and then puts the weight back on it is a different form of fat and harder to lose again. I just changed my life style and just flat cut out certain foods all together "Grains and milk ". I do not count calories I eat what I want when I want but since I have my body going down the road nature intended now that is how we are supposed to eat just graze all day, the 3 squares a day is why we are a nation of obese people, not how nature intended for us to eat and live.

My wife and I know several folks whom dr's were going to do joint replacements but after going through lifestyle changes like us they were totally healed and no longer needed any joint work. :smart:

My hip is bone on bone. Doubt that diet will change that. Now if you said that prayer could help, I could not argue with that. God can do amazing things. But I figure he gave us doctors and that's how he will help. I have a friend who had 3 months to live with prostrate cancer. Through prayer and dedication of the rest of his life to salvation work he is cancer free. He committed the rest of his life for however long that is. That was 5 years ago. He's a Gideon and saving souls is his life cause.

• Like 2