• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

• Owner

Well Gang.

I created me a awesome RV storage spot under the edge of my spruce tree and guarded most of the summer sun from the south. It took a bit of tree pruning and ground clean up but I now have a awesome spot for the RV and no longer have to worry about the RV baking in the summer sun and moving all around the yard and killing the grass. etc.

post-1-0-64587500-1399418677_thumb.jpg post-1-0-90401600-1399418688_thumb.jpg

I still can have both solar power and city power here being the electric rock is under the tree. Solar is a bit limited but better than nothing.

post-1-0-36812700-1399418699_thumb.jpg post-1-0-58175600-1399418710_thumb.jpg

• Owner

Really the truth is the original contractor that built the house back in 1962 put that outlet out under the tree so ever winter for Christmas you could decorate the tree with lights and Christmas decorations. But as you can see the tree is huge now and the rock was just a bonus. I've been wanting to create a good spot for the RV for quite some time and this worked out totally awesome. Guarded from the wind, snow to a degree, and the harsh summer sun. I plan on leveling the spot more and adding some road mix to make the ground firm. Now I can store the RV in a level spot and fire up the fridge and keep it cold if need be.

• Owner

Good thing about the spruce, its an evergreen and loaded with turpentine! Won't have to worry about needles or bugs, but might have to clean it up when that sap flows!

Not worry about that either. I had both my 1973 Dodge Charger and the 1978 Dodge Magnum XE parked under that tree for many many years the only spots that leak sap was cut limbs. So when I did my pruning I made sure to prune all the way back to the main trunk.

• 4 weeks later...