• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

AT THE END OF MY ROPE!

This is rather long thanks for reading. My truck, 2002 quad cab 4x4 Superchips, Airdog, 4 inch Banks exhaust, 107,000 miles, automatic. I bought it new, has been a fantastic truck! About 5 weeks ago I started to install a new lower dash and a heater core. Disconnected the batteries, the main harness plug under the dash, took out instument cluster and unplugged all of the switches on the dash. Finally finished the dash, put everything back together, hooked up the batteries (they were disconnected for 5 weeks and they are in great shape).........Will crank and not start, tach is not working, fuel gauge does not move, got all the dash lights, odometer flashes and reads NO BUS, Can not connect with ECM through OBDII port, everything in the cab works.

Here's what I have done; Removed and cleaned PCM, ECM, and all major harness plugs, checked every fuse in cab and under the hood, held odometer reset turned on key got 220, 221, 250 and 999, pushed button again after 999 it goes through some sort of test, tach, speedo and all gauges move up in stages and then peg. They go back down all the instrument cluster lights come on, key warning sound and it reads no bus! Fuel pump not coming on.......I am just about to take it to the dealer. Thank you in advance for any help!

Sounds like a plug somewhere is not making connection. I know you have checked, but sometimes it is something real simple that trips us up. If you unplugged any plugs double check to make sure the connectors didn't accidentally pop out of their connector.

• Like 1

• Owner

Sounds like a plug somewhere is not making connection. I know you have checked, but sometimes it is something real simple that trips us up. If you unplugged any plugs double check to make sure the connectors didn't accidentally pop out of their connector.

Thinking of that I've seen rare cases after cleaning connectors and adding dielectric grease to them, I've seen where they build up a bit of pressure and push it back out of the socket and because it never really locked or the socket lock is broke.

• Like 1

• Staff

Thinking of that I've seen rare cases after cleaning connectors and adding dielectric grease to them, I've seen where they build up a bit of pressure and push it back out of the socket and because it never really locked or the socket lock is broke.

I second this as it's happened to me before.... thought it was plugged in but wasn't.

• Like 1

I am new to this forum, find it refreshing........more taste less filling : { ) Steping back from the starting problem and working on some interior up grades. Sometimes it is good to take a break and think about what is going on. Thank you for all the suggestions will be going back through all my steps and checking the plugs!