• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Put the code reader back on the truck just to watch... this is what I saw... does it give any more insight? The truck was sitting still.

20150325_114038.jpg20150325_114051.jpg

on left the engine speed is off by 4 on the two sensors  on the right they are matched at 827rpm

Just looking for more definite problems before I do something that intimidates me.

:)

Tim

Edited by imbodie

SO... on my way to an interview this morning.... phone connected to radio by bluetooth, listening to my book and received a text message and the truck went WILD!!!! computer thinks tach jumped to 4grand...(it didn't) showed on my Edge Attitude.... and then truck dies....  I let it set all day while I'm at interview and I start thinking.... I installed the stereo about August of last year, I started throwing codes about August of last year.  I get home, go back to the truck, pull the radio, start the truck and drive it home (tach dead).  Get home shut truck down, clear the codes, start truck back up with scanner attached.... COULD NOT GET IT TO THROW A CODE!!!!! TRIED... Yesterday was throwing a code every couple of minutes... Tach working, truck running.... Radio sitting in passenger seat. 

Granted its going to take a lot more time and some guarded driving trips close to home, but I think the BLUETOOTH in the stereo was putting out a bit to much signal for my ECM's taste.

Never got to test for floating AC voltage, but I'm betting on that being the issue.

What do you guys think??

Tim

• 1 month later...

So...  yep... still working on this issue...  IF I check #8 in the 

P0336 Crankshaft Position Sensor Signal

test procedures and the resistance is 5 ohms does this condemn my ECM??  Do I still need to do the rest of the tests?  AND if the answer is YES your ECM is bad... where do I get the best deal on a new one??

Thanks,

Tim