• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

what are your egts at idle?

Recently my egts have been dropping down to 100-110 at idle. They drop really fast. They used to have a hard time getting down to 300 before I installed injectors. Not sure if this is normal. Even after pulling into a gas station they are down where before I would have to wait a bit or let the timer do the shutdown. Not sure if I have a bad probe or this is normal or something else. Seems strange to me and thinking something is wrong.

They seem fine driving. Around 650-700 empty and not hard on the pedal. I can hit 1300 a lot faster than I would like though. My Cts seems to be acting up hear lately. Wont turn on with acc but will once started and stays on for a bit once key is off. Wouldnt think that would have anything to do with it.

Edited by rseabur

Well they wanted me to send it in and send me a refurbish cts but I am not happy with that. I bought a new unit and that what I think they should send me. Sounda like i need to send it in. I wonder if my other guages are accurate now. I have about had it with the cts and edge. Might have a 6 month old juice with attitude for sale in the near future.

• Like 1

Was thinking about the comp box. Might even step it down to an ez. And was looking at smartys last night just because edge products has not been good to me yet. I am going to get this thing sent in first and see what they say about it first and get it repaired. It has been one thing after another with this setup. I will prob be in it another grand if I go with the comp and guages. Not sure what the scan guage does yet but will check into it.

If I come to a stop from highway driving my EGTs will be around 300-350 at idle after about 30secs or so. If I let it idle for about 2-3mins it will dip down to about 250-275 and that's the lowest it will get if the water temp is at 190.

If I come to a stop from highway driving my EGTs will be around 300-350 at idle after about 30secs or so. If I let it idle for about 2-3mins it will dip down to about 250-275 and that's the lowest it will get if the water temp is at 190.

Mine is almost identical to the above.

^^^ Same.  If you are 100 then you can put your hand over the exhaust manifold outlet while it is running...I don't think so.  That would mean the engine is like 90% efficient.  Air goes in > Fuel is burned > heat is produced > heat is exhausted.  The air cools off as the piston goes down, but assuming your ambient is 80F yet EGT is coming out just barely warmer, then yeah, 90% efficient.  Some goes to the cooling system but still, it's impossible is what I'm getting at hahaha.  Get a new probe.  It should never get under 200.  You can get some pretty low numbers on a downhill with the engine in gear and coasting.  There is no fuel going in during that scenario so it is just cycling air through the engine, adding some heat from the engine block, then going past the probe.  You can see pretty low numbers doing that for a long enough hill but I've still never seen anything under 200.  

Probably way too much information when all you needed to hear was "no, thats not normal", but maybe kinda interesting. 

• Like 1