• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

What is everyone doing these days?

Well, between work and work...I try to work.  I recently tore down an old barn and built a new garage.  If I am not working on the property, or at regular work, I am working to get my garage done.  Once I get the concrete finished, I will hopefully get to slow down just a bit, but it remains to be seen.  Oh and I have to install some new injectors soon....

Maybe everyone's trucks are running so well they don't need advice on fixes....

Mike is the  kind of  person  we need in  Washington...    Good  fixes NOW   that  don't   create  more problems  or  future conundrums...

Been gearing up  for the  July-August  haying  season  here.  Been getting   fair amounts of  rain this month, and the  grass looks  pretty good

• Like 1

I just got back from the Rapid City, SD area and am going to go to my son in law's place with the camper and boats (wife's idea) this weekend, then next weekend (or somewhere there abouts) I am goint to NE Ohio for a week or so.

• Owner

Just that I was wondering I wander around several web site from Linux, Administration site, Cummins Sites, to to a few other odd balls like LiveOak's (Tractor Farm And Family). But I've see a pretty good drop in the last few weeks even here is almost 200 less people a day. So I'm just about right in my thinking the weather improved  people are outside like myself and doing other things. Not much with truck failures. Pretty soon I should see a few pop up with overheating issues and air conditioning issues. As for me I've been racing to get as much wood as possible Riggins, ID is going into the 100 degree mark on top of this thunder storms this week. Ugh!

With the short summers I do not spend much time inside on the computer. Just got home from Utah and pretty much any non raining and light wind weekends are spent boating and or camping and trying to prep for the net 6 months of winter. You know how it is.

Work and repairing my TT roof getting it ready for the fourth. Trying to stay as cool as possible. It's hot outside. Trying to research the Bakken and figuring out if it is a good move or not.

What is your career path? Its not just the Bakken oil fields that supplies jobs here, pretty much any career path you want is hiring across the state.

Pm me if you want info.

• Like 1

• Owner

Well between doing oil changes on the wood splitter, lawn mower and 96 Dodge Ram I've been busy this morning. Then fixing the dam wall of the pond out back. Burning trash in my burn barrels. But now with the summer heat coming on by tomorrow it will be in the low 90's here and closer to 100*F in Riggins, ID. So I work during the morning hours outside as much as possible then hide for the afternoon heat. Then back out for the evening hours. I'm pretty sure I should start getting phone calls for air conditioning charging and repairs.

Been working 60+ hours (normal), and trying to enjoy the summer now that it's finall here. The good thing about my job is I can slam some 14-16 hour days and then take 3-4 days off. The days I spend working are pretty well shot but it's nice having some days off with the boys now that they are on summer break. We just got back from primitive camping in Chataqua NY. We find somewhere to camp along the top of the gorge and typically spend a few days there. We hike down to the river and swim or we can go the other way and fish at the mouth of the lake. Very quiet peaceful place to go.

Two weeks ago we loaded the 4wheelers up and went to west virginia and spent 4 days in the mountains camping and 4wheeling. Great time and beautiful country. The ol Dodge did pretty good and showed up my buddies 2012 Chevy with the 6.0 gasser. Pulling my 22 ft tilt trailer with 5 machines with a combined weight of about 6k lbs I averaged 13.4 mpg. Could have done better by slowing down but it's a long haul and we wanted to get there so I ran right at 75 the whole way. My buddy drove his truck solo (couldn't fit everyone plus gear in one truck) and averaged 14mpg. That was empty as in no trailer no nothing, with a light load of camping gear and tools in the bed.

His $30k dollar investment didn't look too hot next to my 16 year old beater!

Don't you just love it when your "Damned old Dodge" shows its true colors like that?  Some people get really mad when you get the same mileage that they do empty when you are towing.

• Like 1

Mike, I'm super busy with an active duty school tour (Air Force Reserve) and haven't had squat for free time since November. Don't expect me back much until late 2015.

The only wrenching I've done was oil and rear brakes. I have lots on the wish list but no time to get to it.

• Owner

Like myself I'm back off and running again this morning. Weather here has been hot (nearly 100*F here) and dry. I'm running up to the Fire Chief's place to work on a fire truck and deliver the extrication equipment for that truck. We are hoping to put that truck into service really soon. Like last night we did a extrication refresher last night being we are having all the vehicle accidents locally. I need to finish up get my firewood split and stacked so I can start doing late evening firewood runs. Plenty to do and plenty to prepare for winter.

• Staff

My busy season is in full swing but, then again, I'm trying not to get too busy. Had a real good job come my way so trying to stay rested and get work done around my place too.

Edited by JAG1